It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2002, 11:00 AM   #1

dreamsorreality HB User
Question My face feels numb

The left side of my face feels numb or maybe even swollen. I get headaches a lot but don't have one right this minute. My face felt tight the other day and now it feels numb or tingly on the left side. Does anyone know what causes this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2002, 12:24 PM   #2
Inactive

Denise F HB User
Anytime you get numbness on one side it
really should be checked out by a Dr.
Stroke or blood clot are possible things to
check out. There could be other reasons
of course but it's best to be save than
sorry.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2002, 12:39 PM   #3
Inactive

Nicksmom HB User
Is the side of your face that is numb, paralized? It could be bells palsy. My husband had it and it lasted for a month. The doctor said it's brought on by stressed. Either way, you should go see a doctor.

Old 07-14-2002, 06:57 PM   #4
(female)

LaurenRae HB User
I had this a few years ago...they thought at the time that it was Bell's Palsy (sp?). I ended up seeing a neurologist. He diagnosed me with migraine headaches. I have always had a lot of headaches - way more than any one else I know. He said the ones I get are atypical...and the numbness is just part of it. My face still gets that numbness at times and it's annoying, but at least I know it's nothing major. I would ask your doc to refer you to a neurologist.

Old 07-16-2002, 06:02 PM   #5

Dowdynuke HB User
Question

My face has been numb for 3 weeks. It is numb on the right side and up until today, it affected my lips, the roof of my mouth, the back of my throat, my eye, my nose and lower jaw. All on the right side only. I was hospitalized two weeks ago for a possible blood clot(now ruled out by mrv)I was given heprin and it totally alleviated the numbness. I left the hospital with plavix, and four days later, it became numb again, but comes and goes. I have had a million tests, including...MRI, MRV, spinal tap, and various blood tests for everything!! My neurologists says maybe it's a mini-stroke, but she can't be positive. Sunday I woke up, the numbness was gone, but it came and went that day. But mostly it's numb all the time. Today the roof of my mouth is numb also. Can anyone help?

Closed Thread