It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2003, 08:30 AM   #1
(female)

Divina4 HB User
Post Facial numbness, looking for some suggestions/info.

The left side of my face went numb last Tuesday morning. It goes from the top of my scalp straight down a line to my upper lip and gum. I have had daily headaches that are focused in the front of my head also. I don't usually get headaches. My taste has changed a bit too on the left side since the numbness set in. I have also been very very tired. I have two kids and this almost two weeks has been hard.

I have just moved and do not have a family Dr. I have seen two Dr's at the clinic and on Tuesday a went to the ER and was checked there. None had anything to tell me really but something is blocking the fifth nerve to my face from my brain. I took a anti-inflamitory as directed but it did not make any differance. The Er Dr set up an MRI for me on Monday to check for nerve damage and MS.

Any suggestions of what might be causing this? Does anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks to all who respond.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2003, 01:06 PM   #2

mommyofhannah HB User
Is your face droopy?

[This message has been edited by mommyofhannah (edited 02-15-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2003, 01:36 PM   #3
(female)

Divina4 HB User
No. I still have full muscle control, just no feeling. I know what your thinking though;-) We have ruled out Bell's Palsy since that effects the 7th nerve. In my case it's the 5th nerve.

Closed Thread