It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2003, 02:06 PM   #1

zigmanx001 HB User
Arrow Eye / Face Twitching

It seems like every fall my left eye starts to blink without my right one following. The result is a twitch on the left side of my face because I have to blink. It usually comes around when I'm tired, but it happens other times. It's like breathing. I can keep it from twitching, but it adds up and I need to even more. It is voluntary though - to a point. I'm not sure if it is allergies, but I am on several allergy eye drops which donít seem to work. I'm a 17-year-old male, and I've just had this the last three years. I asked my doctor about it, and he said nothing can be done. That it is a muscle spasm... Is this true? Why would it only come in the fall? Any ideas how to make it stop?

Thanks a lot! I would appreciate any help.

-Al

Old 10-30-2003, 08:57 PM   #2

cstiffey2003 HB User
hello, i have the same thing it usually happens when i am tired too. but sometimes in the fall it does it with out me being tired and sometimes when i eat hot food it does it too. i asked the dr. and he said it was normal when your tired. but when it happens in the fall that is my responce to my allergies. so i think that maybe that is your new responce to you allergies. our body are always changing and as you get older they change even more. so we start to develop new things too. i would not worry too much because eye twitching very rearly means something serious. just relax and when it does it just rub around you eye that seems to help me. i hope i was of some kind of help.

------------------
christina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2003, 07:44 AM   #3

nam0428 HB User
I get eye twitching too. But mine is from stress and nerves. I don't know it there is anything in your life that can be causing this. I have also talked to other people who get eye twitching when there nerves and stress is really bad. But there isn't much I can do except try to relax.

Old 11-02-2003, 01:26 PM   #4
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
Twitching of the eye can be a symptom of a thyroid disorder. You should check and see if you have any of the other symptoms.

Old 11-06-2003, 09:51 PM   #5
(male)

apple HB User
Let me guess: You take some sort of allergy relief medicine in the fall for your sinus. This somehow makes the muscles that surround your nasal passages tight and tense, thus causing the twitching, like a spasm. I was taking a very strong allergy medicine in my twenties and I developed a similar problem as yours. The area around the same eye every year would develop a twitch. It happened every fall when allergy season hit and I was doped up good on medicine. Stop the medicine or take valium to relax the muscles. Valium will have to be prescribed by your doctor.

Old 11-07-2003, 06:51 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

MrsLee HB User
I didn't know eye twiching could be stress related. I have been under a lot of stress lately and I know it's taking a toll on my body. My left eye has been twiching all week (but it is INvoluntary twitching).

All lot of times my eyes will twitch before I get a migraine. I have been having funny headaches all week, but no actual migraine yet. I guess the twitching itself is not bothersome, but the thought of getting a migraine sure is! I guess I never related all this to stress, but DUH!

Old 11-13-2003, 09:20 AM   #7

1Ageless HB User
Stop the medicine or take valium to relax the muscles. Valium will have to be prescribed by your doctor.

He is only seventeen years old. Valium is addictive and not overly prescribed nowadays as a fix-all remedy. I would suggest massaging of the trigeminal nerve area affecting the eye, relaxation and meditation therapy. Also, a second opinion by a Board Certified and qualified physician may offer more opinions. Rule out Bell's palsy ~ this can even be brought on by simply wind, or having your window down a bit during cold winter months while in your car, as well as other triggers.

Closed Thread