It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2004, 07:06 PM   #1

lbhatti HB User
i gotta serious problem guys

ive been having a swelling feeling on my cheekbones along with tingling and burning sensation. also intense pain at times. it has also impeded the growth on one side of my face. also ive have really droopy look on my face and my smile has become akward. my face is crazy droopy when i open my mouth. i think it might be something neurological. do you know what i might have and do you know if theres any treatments or surgeries i could take.

Old 03-20-2004, 07:22 PM   #2

lbhatti HB User
Re: i gotta serious problem guys

help me please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2004, 07:39 PM   #3

aussiemum HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbhatti
ive been having a swelling feeling on my cheekbones along with tingling and burning sensation. also intense pain at times. it has also impeded the growth on one side of my face. also ive have really droopy look on my face and my smile has become akward. my face is crazy droopy when i open my mouth. i think it might be something neurological. do you know what i might have and do you know if theres any treatments or surgeries i could take.
Hi Ibhatti, its sounds like a condition called bells palsy, it has something to do with the nerves in one side of your face. Do not worry too much if this is what it is as it will clear up by itself. Stress can cause the onset, usually you wake up one morning with the side of your face paralysed. The tingling and burning sensations you are feeling may be the nerves repairing themselves. How long have you had this? Dont worry I dont think its neurological.

Old 03-20-2004, 08:04 PM   #4

lbhatti HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemum
Hi Ibhatti, its sounds like a condition called bells palsy, it has something to do with the nerves in one side of your face. Do not worry too much if this is what it is as it will clear up by itself. Stress can cause the onset, usually you wake up one morning with the side of your face paralysed. The tingling and burning sensations you are feeling may be the nerves repairing themselves. How long have you had this? Dont worry I dont think its neurological.

ive had it for like 5 years. and its never stopped. i know my face aint paralyzed and all that for sure. so what else could it be. its not going away. anyways i had like an infection by my throat while ago grew the size of a golf. i had to get all the puss sucked out and stuff. dont know if that caused it. so do you know of any treatments or umm surgeries. or something.

and it effects my whole face. im 18 and i already look like a need a face life with my face just sagging down when i open my mouth. and my right side of my face is weaker than my left side. you know i need help.

Last edited by lbhatti; 03-20-2004 at 08:05 PM.

Old 03-21-2004, 11:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Your first posting sounded as though you just got this...now, you state you've had it for 5 years. You sound desperate....have you not had it checked out before this?

Bell's palsey is what I'd answer....it's caused by the body's reaction to a virus or something that has invaded the body. It's like a reaction that has stayed.

Do a search on it and see if that fits your symptoms.

Another possibility would be shingles and nerve pain left from that.

Again, do a search.

Were you in a serious accident where your neck was hurt?

What do your parents say about it? What has your doctor said about it?

What tests have you already?

What treatments have you already had?

Hope you find some answers,
quincy

Old 03-21-2004, 12:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Sounds like Bell's Palsy to me too, but if you "need help" then go see a doctor. No one here can do much for you.

Old 03-21-2004, 12:58 PM   #7

lbhatti HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber
Sounds like Bell's Palsy to me too, but if you "need help" then go see a doctor. No one here can do much for you.

i had an infection under my ear near my throat. it swelled up like the size of a golf ball.

since than ive been having these complications.

do you guys know of a treatment or anything.

Old 03-21-2004, 10:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Is there a reason you are averse to seeing a doctor? What did the doctor do for your infection? What kind of infection was it? There are nerves that can be affected by infection around that area.

I don't think you're going to get many more suggestions other than go see a doctor.

Hope you find some answers.
quincy

Closed Thread