It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #1
(female)

astw22 HB User
Has anyone experienced this before???

I recently posted on the dental board about numbness in my left side of my lips, gums (jaw) and tongue.. and was advised to see a dentist.. well I saw my dentist today and there is nothing wrong with my teeth or gums that would cause numbness.. I am going to try to get into my doctor tomorrow... but some other symptoms have been headaches and a feeling of dizziness.. the numbness on my left side of my mouth feels like I rubbed oral gel over everything.. also when I brush my teeth on that side I feel pressure yet there is nothing wrong.. I did not recently have any dental surgery or any trauma to my face.. so I dont know what is wrong??? Has anyone ever experienced symptoms like this before?? If so.. whats the cause.. Im getting worried.. Thanks in advance..

Married DH - February 10, 2004
DD Avery Born - November 23, 2004

Old 03-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #2
(female)

thelovelyamber HB User
Re: Has anyone experienced this before???

that happened to my mom. i don't remember what it was called, some sydrome named after a famous man.. eventaully the entire left side of her face lost it's ablity to flex the muscles. it looked like she'd had a stroke. it lasted for a few months, then went away as slowly as it had come on, and she's probably forgotten about it by now. however, i've heard that those are also the symptoms of heart attack in women. i'm glad to hear you are going to a doctor tomarrow.. i hope everything is okay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User

It looks like you have a nerve problem. Going to the doctor is a good idea, and I'd recommend seeing a neurologist and getting MRIs.

Good luck!

Old 03-09-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User

Could be Bell's palsy. I do believe that does resolve on it's own, I mean if you went to a doc and he diagnosed that, it's not a permanent condition. That may be what theloverlyamber's mom had...

Old 03-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
(female)

astw22 HB User

Thanks for your replys...actually the dentist mentioned bells palsy as a possibility.. as I said I am going to try to get into see my dr tomorrow if not hopefully on friday before the weekend.. I will keep you posted..Thanks again

Old 03-10-2005, 06:29 AM   #6
(female)

day-dreamer HB User

It really does sound like Bell's palsy, I've had a couple of friends with it. If it is it takes some getting used to, and unfortunately never completely goes away although it does get better, but it doesn't sound as if you have a serious case of it. Some of the bad cases do look as if they have had a stroke.

Old 03-10-2005, 11:17 AM   #7
(female)

astw22 HB User

Well I went to see my doctor today and she said I have a middle ear infection which is causing the dizziness and headaches..she did say however the numbness may be the start of bells palsy.. I was given a prescription to treat the middle ear infection and have to go back in a week for a check up. I hope this clears everything up!

Closed Thread