It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
(male)

gabe107 HB User
Muscle / Nerve Twitches, Movements

Since highschool I have always had nerve twitches in both eyes on and off. Usually in my eyelid the movement is very annoying. I am 27 now and a couple of months ago I experienced muscle twitching in other parts of my body.

I am getting increasingly worried because I have twitching multiple times a day in all parts of my body including my arms and legs. This is mostly isolated to my large muscles, and not specifically after any physical activity.

I dont experience any pain, just weird twitching and vibrating sensations for a couple seconds at a time. Anyone know what this could be, my doctor told me it's not that big of a deal......and there really is no way to test for anything relating to these symptoms, any suggestions or advise?

Gabe

Old 03-29-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
(male)

gabe107 HB User
Re: Muscle / Nerve Twitches, Movements

Every day I have muscle twitches all over my body. I have ongoing twitches in my eyelids and think I have them in my ears as well because I can hear something that sounds like a pulse every once and a while.

Does anyone know what this is? Are there any neurological conditions that start out like this?

Thanks,
Gabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

i egt it in my ear too. i post on fibro board, check that out, love april x

Old 04-20-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
(male)

gabe107 HB User

Today I just experienced a termor in one of my fingers, when I bend it a certain way it has a back and forthe involentary tremor. Anybody hear about anything like this?

Gabe

Old 06-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
(male)

gabe107 HB User

Now I am starting to get numbness on the left side of tongue, it isn't effecting taste at all. Lately I am completely fatigued as well. Other than this my other symptom is persistant blepharospams of both of my eyelids.

Can this be multiple slerosis, or are there other diseases, conditions that can create this effect?

Thanks.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:53 PM   #6
(female)

dje27 HB User

The involuntary muscle spasms are called fasciculations. I have been having them since December, all over my body. They are very annoying. I am going through some tests right now to see if its a muscle disease.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:43 AM   #7
(female)

eveningdove HB User
Thumbs up Re: Muscle / Nerve Twitches, Movements

Hi Gabe, have you been to a neurologist yet? It's likely that you're having benign fasciculations. I've had them for years. Like you, for me it started in my eyelids. Now, I have them all over. It's very very annoying...but probably not more than that. If you haven't been to a neurologist, you may want to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe107
Since highschool I have always had nerve twitches in both eyes on and off. Usually in my eyelid the movement is very annoying. I am 27 now and a couple of months ago I experienced muscle twitching in other parts of my body.

I am getting increasingly worried because I have twitching multiple times a day in all parts of my body including my arms and legs. This is mostly isolated to my large muscles, and not specifically after any physical activity.

I dont experience any pain, just weird twitching and vibrating sensations for a couple seconds at a time. Anyone know what this could be, my doctor told me it's not that big of a deal......and there really is no way to test for anything relating to these symptoms, any suggestions or advise?

Gabe

Old 06-24-2005, 07:49 AM   #8
(female)

eveningdove HB User

Gabe..You should go to a doctor..That way things can be ruled out. Keep your chim up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe107
Now I am starting to get numbness on the left side of tongue, it isn't effecting taste at all. Lately I am completely fatigued as well. Other than this my other symptom is persistant blepharospams of both of my eyelids.

Can this be multiple slerosis, or are there other diseases, conditions that can create this effect?

Thanks.

Old 06-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #9
(male)

gabe107 HB User

Well, I just had a whole bunch of tests done at the Neurologist. First of all I had a ton of blood work to rule out any kind of minerl dificiencies. Second I was tested for Mercury, which was slightly elevated because of eating Sushi. I was told this level would not cause fasciculations. I also was given an MRI which didn't show any lesions or problems, completely normal.

This is still very bizzare because now I am experiencing new symptoms. I currently still have the eye nerve twitch, but am also experiencing a lot of numbness on the left side of my tongue. When I look at it it appears to twitch all over. Secondly, my thumb also on my left side is slightly numb on it's tip.

Additionally I experience slight numbness in my heels after sitting a long time. Also my muscles are slightly sore all over. My neurologist is ruling things out one by one, any ideas about additional tests or conditions I should rule out?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:30 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Hello, fellow sufferers. I didn't know I'd wind up in the neuro part of Healthboards today, but here I am.

First, I'm very sorry for all the suffering you all have to endure.

I've had facial jumps off and on for years, and am going to my reg. dr. today about some that erupted during the night on the rt. side of my jaw. I've been feeling run down, so I "hope" it is only a B-12 deficiency. It's still jumping as I type, and I am a nervous wreck! It hit me during the night, jumping against my pillow.
I've taken lorazepam for years for anxiety disorder and only hope it is not causing all this!

Gabe, I wish you all much better days ahead.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:38 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User

It started with me too with a eye twitch now it's all over my body. And my body actually aches too which is freaking me out. I have health anxiety and I think it may be stress related. When it first started happening I went on the net and saw all these conditions like ALS, MS etc. I was sure I had one of these. Then after reading more and more I settled on the idea that I simply had stress related BFS. And then I felt better.

But I couldn't get past the numb, achy toes so I tested my blood sugar (with old strips from my pregnancy in 2003) and got high readings.....and so the body aches and twitches are worse today because I was freaking last night. I know the readings were most probably incorrect but it freaked me out and now I'm in pain...

I can't see a MD for another month so I guess I will have to deal with these twiches and aches and hope for the best until then.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:05 AM   #12
(female)

delese1 HB User

I'm sorry for all the health problems you are having,I have 1 question,have you had your heart checked? the numbness in your toung and finger on the left side worries me,my mother gets that and it caused by minnie strokes,I hope this isnt in your case,good luck,and please keep us posted.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:11 AM   #13
(female)

delese1 HB User

I'm sorry for all the health problems you are having,I have 1 question,have you had your heart checked? the numbness in your toung and finger on the left side worries me,my mother gets that and it caused by minnie strokes,I hope this isnt in your case,good luck,and please keep us posted.

Old 08-17-2005, 03:05 PM   #14
(male)

gabe107 HB User

All blood tests checked out, no heart condiiton, diabetes. My MRI also checked out, so no MS or ALS. My fasciculations have stopped everywhere but my eyelids, but my tongue is still numb on the left side.

To address my eye lid twitches the doctor gave me botox injections, this has stopped the twitching completely. This has made my worries go away and makes my days more enjoyable, I highly recommend if your eye twitches bother you.

One things that has recently start to happen is balding, I am only 27....looks like I will have to start taking Propecia.
Gabe

Old 08-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #15
(female)

kizzcee007 HB User

Ive been getting increased amount of twiches in my little finger and Ive tried to cause it myself to prove that its not me doing it.....the ring finger moves too if Im trying to move the little one. Ive also had an increased amount of thigh and upper arm muscle twitching too, as well as my eyelids. I put this down to tiredness.

I decided to look things up, feeling a bit like a hypochondriac....and find that Prozac is useful......Ive been on it for the past year or so after the death of my 14 year old son thru CML and lately I decided to come off it as I was feeling a bit better. Maybe I need to go back on it?

Closed Thread