It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
(male)

helpme916 HB User
Don't know whats wrong wit me eh.

Hello, I have this problem that just happen to me just recent.. like this morning I woke up with my RIGHT face NUMB.. I have no idea how did that happen.

Its just not my face.. It's also NUMB around the right side of my mouth, tongue, and eyes.

Also, my tongue just lost it's taste. It happened to me before but I still don't know how it happens. IT's like this..

Whenever I drink Pepsi, it'll taste like water then when the pepsi touches the back of my tongue (or closer to the throat), it'll just taste like Pepsi.

Does anyone know wats wrong with me??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User
Re: Don't know whats wrong wit me eh.

My husband has type 1 diabetes and he gets symptoms such as yours when he has an insulin reaction (low blood sugar). Do you have diabetes? However, numbness like this should not be ignored and I suggest you make an appt. with your doctor. Let us know what they find. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

It sounds like Bell's palsy, if the symptoms are confined to the area above the neck. This is not a life-threatening condition, but you should seek a doctor's advice about it.

If you're finding that any other areas of your body on the right side are affected... like numbness or weakness in a hand or leg... have someone take you to the emergency room immediately, as this represents a possible stroke and is life-threatening.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
(male)

helpme916 HB User

Yes just came back from the hospital and it is Bells Palsy.. thanks for the help guys.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi helpme916. Bell's Palsy can be a symptom of Lyme disease. Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. Do you have any other symptoms?

Closed Thread