It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

darkshadows HB User
Dizziness, Fainting, Heart Palpitations, etc.

Hi everybody. I'm here in hopes someone would be able to give me some advice or help me out a bit.

For the past month or so I have been extremely dizzy every day to the point where I have fainted once, last week. I have had dizzy spells for almost the past 8 months but recently it has gotten so bad that I have fainted. I use to get dizzy once a day but now it is all day long. From the moment I get up to the time I go to bed. If I am sitting on the couch and walk to the kitchen, which is 15 feet away, I have to sit at the dining table in order not to faint because I get that dizzy. My heart races like crazy too. I have made an appointment with the doctors but had to cancel it due to the fact that I have not started my monthly cycle. For some reason they want to make sure I am not pregnant. I am only 26 yrs old and about 5 months ago I had my bloodwork checked out and they told me I was perfectly healthy.

I will describe my medical history to you, if you care to read. Almost 2 years ago I had surgery, called Mini Gastric Bypass. A type of weight loss surgery. Alongside these dizzy spells and fainting I had incredible abdominal and stomach pain. Thought I had the Dumping Syndrome, so I changed how and what I eat and laid down for 20 - 45 minutes after eah big meal. That seemed to cut out the cramps and stomach pains. Not entirely though. I switched to whole wheat bread, which also seemed to help a bit. That's about it for that.

I have seen a doctor though and he's the one that made an appointment for me to get checked out but they will be giving me a type of x-ray for my stomach and abdominal sections of my body. I am scared to death that I will be in a serious accident or fall down the stairs. Nobody seems to know what is going on with me and all they can say is you probably have bowel movement problems.

I moved from America to Ireland and nobody here seems to know anything about my surgery, so I was hoping someone here could help me out a bit. I would appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Jenay

Last edited by darkshadows; 12-02-2006 at 11:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User
Re: Dizziness, Fainting, Heart Palpitations, etc.

Have you had any blood tests performed?

I'm asking this because dizziness, heart palpitations and symptoms of Anemia as well as tiredness. If your not happy with your Doctor, see another one hun.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
(female)

darkshadows HB User

Yes I had blood work done about 4 months ago, I would say. They all came back perfect. Doctor said I was in perfect health.

I am tired, but it is more lethargic than just needing a nap. I'm not sure if you are saying I might have Anemia, is that it? My boyfriend's mother said I might have this but my boyfriend doubted it and said I'm sure you don't have Anemia. I guess it could be possible.

It's not that I am not happy with my doctor. It's that they 'supposedly' can't do anything until I am on my monthly cycle.

The thing is I don't have low iron, or at least I didn't 4 months ago when I had my blood tests taken. I was in perfect health.

Last edited by darkshadows; 12-02-2006 at 02:05 PM.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
(female)

darkshadows HB User

I was also told I had low blood pressure.

Last edited by darkshadows; 12-02-2006 at 02:09 PM.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

Hi hun,

Yes you could have Anemia. That's what I meant sorry. Dizziness can be caused by low and/or elevated blood pressure.

Because you had your blood checked 4 months ago, then I would have them re-checked now. Blood test results can change every month.
There is various types of Anemia. not just low Iron but that is the most common version of Anemia.

I personally think that your Doctor needs to look at other areas of your body besides your Stomach to find out for sure what's going on. Hope your better soon and I'm sorry I'm not making much sense, I'm not "with it" at the moment.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #6
(female)

wendy2994 HB User

Did anyone ever find out what was wrong with you? I have been fighting the same problems for a year and a half now and still know one knows what is wrong with me. I have been to many doctors. First they thought dumping thne they thought low blood sugar they actually found I do go from high some times 296 to very low(35) all within and hours time, bu they still do not feel this is the problem because I have had episodes of fainting and dizziness when my sugar is 97. I also have tremors, periherial neuropraphy in my feet, legs and limbs, as well as increasingly severe migraines! They have also found that I have ulcers at the intersection site of my small intestines and stomach which have landed me in the hospital with severe abdominal pain. These were treated with protonix, but have returned now 3 times. I have had MRI's, Cat
scans bloodwork, tilttable test, vasvcular scan etc. The latest is that they have found that my autonomic nervous system is damaged and they say that is why I sometimes fall over backwards when tryin gto bend forward or sweat after taking a sip of something warm. The final sysmptoms that are scaring me to death are tahat I am having trouble with my short term memory and a lot of mental confusion . I have a masters in engineering and used to multi-task 15 things at once now I can't remember 3 things I need from the store. I am going for neuro physc testing next- and back to another neurologist for motor disorters. ANY suggestions or help out there?????????????

Old 02-26-2007, 07:57 AM   #7
(female)

langy HB User

could it be possible you have anxiety.the racing heart,dizziness and fainting are all symptoms of anxiety.youve been through an operation and maybe the stress of that has had abit of a delayed reaction.the fainting could be that when your heart starts to race you could overbreathing and start to hyperventilate and if you dont know how to control it it can make you pass out due to lack of oxygen.when you next feel your heart race and faint blow into a small paper bag just cup it to your mouth and take deep breathes it stops the hyperventilation it maybe worth a try.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

Maybe you have Chronic Lyme Disease.

Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

There are over 100 different Lyme symptoms, so the ones I listed are only a few of them. To get diagnosed, go to a LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor).

Feel better!

Old 02-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
(female)

Esoph HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadows View Post
Hi everybody. I'm here in hopes someone would be able to give me some advice or help me out a bit.

For the past month or so I have been extremely dizzy every day to the point where I have fainted once, last week. I have had dizzy spells for almost the past 8 months but recently it has gotten so bad that I have fainted. I use to get dizzy once a day but now it is all day long. From the moment I get up to the time I go to bed. If I am sitting on the couch and walk to the kitchen, which is 15 feet away, I have to sit at the dining table in order not to faint because I get that dizzy. My heart races like crazy too. I have made an appointment with the doctors but had to cancel it due to the fact that I have not started my monthly cycle. For some reason they want to make sure I am not pregnant. I am only 26 yrs old and about 5 months ago I had my bloodwork checked out and they told me I was perfectly healthy.

I will describe my medical history to you, if you care to read. Almost 2 years ago I had surgery, called Mini Gastric Bypass. A type of weight loss surgery. Alongside these dizzy spells and fainting I had incredible abdominal and stomach pain. Thought I had the Dumping Syndrome, so I changed how and what I eat and laid down for 20 - 45 minutes after eah big meal. That seemed to cut out the cramps and stomach pains. Not entirely though. I switched to whole wheat bread, which also seemed to help a bit. That's about it for that.

I have seen a doctor though and he's the one that made an appointment for me to get checked out but they will be giving me a type of x-ray for my stomach and abdominal sections of my body. I am scared to death that I will be in a serious accident or fall down the stairs. Nobody seems to know what is going on with me and all they can say is you probably have bowel movement problems.

I moved from America to Ireland and nobody here seems to know anything about my surgery, so I was hoping someone here could help me out a bit. I would appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Jenay
Hi. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I am not a doctor, but I have heard about how dangerous gastric bypasses can be. You say you're having dizziness, fainting and heart palpitations - which started after your mini gastric bypass. My first thought is the possbility of a blod clot. I would talk to your surgeon about complications after bypass surgery and if he or she is not forthcoming with information - I would immediately get another opinion from your doctor and get it checked out. Good luck!

Closed Thread