It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
(male)

rft3434 HB User
Serious health problem dont know what to do

I have been sick for the past four years and have been to eight doctors all of whom are in the dark as to what is going on with my body. When I originally became ill, I lost weight, had sinus problems, and had a chronic cough. However, as time went by, each and every one of my body systems either shut down or became affected which makes me wonder how I am still alive. I have taken numerous tests which include,
blood work-all came back normal except low testosterone
a metabolic analysis profile by Great Smokies-which showed serious malabsorption
Pesticide test by Accuchem-which showed DDE
Several toxic metal tests which showed-high levels of many elements.
Neurotransmitter tests by Neuroscience-which showed low levels of serotonin, dopamine, and pea.
Bone density scan-which showed osteoporosis.
I am also waiting for the results of the MRI's and other specific blood work.

Currently I have all of the following symptoms, which seem to get worse as the days go by.

Weight-went from 191 to 112 at one point.
Muscle wasting-inability to gain muscle.
Head-headaches on all sides of my head, that last for the greater part of the day. Feels almost as if someone has rewired my brain due to the way my head feels. This makes it difficult to rest my head against my pillow or other head rests such as in the car or on the couch. Sometimes my head feels heavy, while at other times my head feels light. It also feels like it will explode at any minute. The left side of my head will turn red if I touch the area next to my eye, but the right side wonít.
Poor Concentration-This also includes the inability to process new information. I will have to read sentences over many times until I can comprehend the material. Lots of daydreaming while reading as well. My eyes will often become fixated on things around the room such as lights, objects close to lights, objects which are attached to the ceiling, such as a fan, and the line which separates the wall from the ceiling, all of which distract me from concentrating or focusing.
Vision-loss of eyesight which includes blurry vision, seeing double, and seeing black spots. Twitching of the right eyelid.
Neurological-Tremors, twitches, ticks, and convulsions of the neck, head, face, shoulders, elbows, stomach, legs, feet, hands, and fingers including many bad habits with all of the above. Always struggling to feel comfortable. Very hard to sit still. I have to keep repositioning my clothes and my feet inside my shoes. Walking has become difficult as I am not able to have fluid movements with my feet. Lots of pacing. I have to continuously wash my hands, keep doors closed, check and count things, and be extremely neat. All objects that are on my right side and behind me feel strange as if they have movement and are alive, which makes me feel the need to touch, change, or reposition them.
Stuttering
Light, sound, smell, and color sensitivity.
Restlessness
Irritability
Tremors
Twitches
Ticks
Convulsions
Nervousness
Anxiety
Rapid Heart Beat
Depression
Sense of doom
Fixations
Confusion
Feelings of Rage
Disorganized thought patterns.
Unrealistic mental images that keep occurring.
Strange and ***arre thoughts that donít make sense.
I often talk to myself.
I often hear cell phones ringing.
Laughing at inappropriate times.
Energy- Exhaustion all day long. I constantly feel as if my body is being crushed, like Iím drowning and suffocating. When I complete my first set at the beginning of a workout, I feel as if I cannot continue. I usually have to take long breaks in between sets.
Constant sighing in fast repetitions over and over.
Immune-getting sick including catching colds and having flu like symptoms. I keep getting ingrown toe nails.
Sinus-chronic sinus problems which includes sneezing, running nose, and pain.
Chronic cough
Bone aches-You can hear all my joints and bones crack such as in my neck, elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles. Spinal cord pain. The back of my neck feels and sounds broken due to the constant whiplash motion that keeps occurring.
Muscle aches and pains all over my body.
Cavities and Gums-tooth pain and sensitivity. My teeth are very soft. Last two dentist visits totaled eighteen cavities.
Pale and clammy skin
Bladder-urination between twenty and thirty times per day-usually followed by being cold.
Bowel movements between six and ten times per day-usually followed by being cold. Lots of diarrhea as well. Immediately after eating or consuming liquid, I have to eliminate.
Kidney pain
Sporadic rib pain, which feels as if my ribs are broken.
Periodic chest pains.
Occasional bleeding from the anus, mouth, nose, and ears.
Sleep-insomnia accompanied by the inability to get into a deep sleep. When I do get into a deep sleep however, I have lots of nightmares.
Temperature-cold spells followed by heat intolerance.
Appetite loss and nausea.
Low libido
Dizziness when standing up.
Hands-will turn dark orange, usually after washing, but at other times as well.
Brittle nails
Body Odor
Bad breadth
A white crust will form around the corners of my lips.
Dandruff
Hair has receded.

I am currently on cortisol, armour thyroid, iodine, nystatin, and acidopholus.

Could someone PLEASE give me some insight as to what I should do. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: Serious health problem dont know what to do

Oh you do have a lot going on.

I was going to say have your thyroid tested, but you say your already on thyroid med's.

I also have a lot of your symptoms and I have a underactive thyroid, you say you have rib pain can I ask you where , I have been having rib pain near gallbladder for a year now, I also get it under the left rib...Mandy

Old 12-29-2006, 03:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

adamace1 HB User

WOW

1.metabolic analysis profile by Great Smokies-which showed serious malabsorption I don't know what great smokies is but have you had a colonoscophy or upper gi track looked at? You could have something like Celiac dieases.

2. sounds like you may be infected with something? Could have you been bitten by a tick? Or maybe got infected with something?

What is your age?

Last edited by adamace1; 12-29-2006 at 03:38 PM.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi rft3434. I am sorry you have so much going on. Do you think your thyroid is properly regulated? I suggest asking to have the Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3, T4) and thyroid antibody tests done. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view. Hypothyroidism can cause many of the symptoms you describe.

Another possibility is Lyme disease. Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. It is the second fastest growing infectious disease in the US after AIDS and the number one vector-borne disease. Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

When Lyme disease is a possibility, it is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. It is estimated that 60% of people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX Lab in Palo Alto, CA. If you think this is a possibility and need a doctor recommendation for your area, let me know.

Do not give up. You will find out what is wrong.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
(male)

bweb HB User

When your symptoms first started, is there a chance you had just come back from a vacation out of the country. There could be a chance that you were infected with intestinal parasites and that weakened your system?

Old 12-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #6
(male)

rft3434 HB User

This is an update on my health condition. You can either reply here, or simply go to the other thread that also shows the update. Please help someone.

Mri on the neck showed a 5mm to 6mm cyst. It appears to represent a thyroglossal duct cyst.

Blood work showed the following

Positive for yeast.
Then it says Anti-Microsomal: Present
Thyroid Evaluation: Hypothyroidism Secondary to Autoimmune Thyroiditis
HDL Cholesterol (Good Cholesterol): Low
Free Testosterone: Low
PSA: at the very bottom of the range. The range was 0-4 and mine was 0.2
Liver Enzymes AST (SGOT): Elevated
Cortisol: at the very bottom of the range. The range was 12.0-25.0 and mine was 13.3
All other blood work was normal.

Keep in mind of my previous test results from the past 4 years.
Malabsorption via urine test-Great Smokies
Heavy Metal Toxicity via urine, hair, and nails.
Low Serotonin, Dopamine, and PEA via Neuroscience
DDE positive via Accuchem Laboratories
Osteoporosis via Bone Density Scan

PLEASE GIVE ADVICE THANK YOU

Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #7
(female)

Mary10 HB User

I think you should be tested for celiac disease, which is an allergy to wheat. Or at least try a gluten free diet. Many of the symptoms you have are associated with gluten sensitivity.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #8
(male)

rft3434 HB User

when on those diets for MONTHS several different times. didn't work, doesnt work.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
(female)

sugzey$ HB User

I thought about Lyme disease and also West Nile Virus. Have you been checked thoroughly for each of those?

Old 02-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Isis498 HB User

Just from everything you are saying, were I in your shoes, I would find the very best Alternative Dr. that I could, and get on some type of total body "cleanse" and then start all over adding back the proper foods and supplements as recommended. One who understands metabolic function, thyroid, adrenals, etc. Your thyroid is not going to be in balance until your cortisol is normalized. Those are one of the main things your body needs to "run" properly. They HAVE to be in balance. Then all the other things you have wrong compounds the rest.

I feel ok saying this to you since you do not have something immediately life threatening such as cancer, etc. that would put you in danger not being treated by a mainstream Dr.

That's where I would begin if I were you, since you have tried traditional methods.

Good luck to you.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #11
(male)

Hallucination HB User

Possible Lyme disease?

Closed Thread