It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

sleepydandelion HB User
I've been sick off and on for 6 years

I have been sick for about 6 years. Exstemely moody. I get severly enraged. This time it started about 1 year ago. I was in the yard landscaping and the next day I was in bed. If I didn't sleep I would hurt all over. My sleep isn't as good as it should be. But it's getting better. I have everything, a good home, a wonderful child, a really super sweet guy. I feel sick all the time like I have the flu. That will go away and then it will be a couple of days and I will be sick again. Now everytime I do something that I don't want to do I will throw up and get really sick. I am sure this is all emotional. I haven't been to a pdoc yet. I am having a hard time doing this. My husband has to leave and go on trips sometimes and I am lost without him. I can't do anything that doesn't make me sick.
I used to be the person that did everything. I had a huge drinking problem. I worked and was very good at what I did. I have not drank for 13 years and I was happy then and I am considering going back to it. It was the only time I was happy. But I know this was bad. I want to be the person I was before, or something very close to it. I am getting sick right now and shaking. I have to go.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: I've been sick off and on for 6 years

Hi sleepydandelion. I am sorry things are so rough right now. You should be very proud that you have been sober for thirteen years. That is quite an accomplishment.

You need to see a doctor, the sooner the better. I recommend getting your iron, hormone, and thyroid levels tested. Ask for the Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3, T4) and thyroid antibodies to be tested in addition to the normal panel. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view. Get copies of your results. You can post them on the thyroid board at this site to help interpret them. Thyroid disorders are fairly common and can cause many symtpoms. It is treatable.

Do you think it is possible you may have Lyme disease? Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. It can cause many seemingly unrelated symptoms. It is the second fastest growing infectious disease in the US after AIDS. It is in every state. Often symptoms wax and wane.

Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

When Lyme disease is a possibility, it is very important to see a knowledge-
able doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected, and it may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA.

If you think this is a possibility and if you would like a doctor recommenda-tion, let me know.

Please see a doctor soon. You deserve to feel better.

Last edited by ticker; 02-23-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

Sleepy,

My first thought was also Lyme Disease, especially since you say the symptoms first occured after landscaping. You could also check out the Lyme board here.

All the best!

Old 02-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

Could be a fungal problem. Sometimes people have caught a fungus after digging up dirt.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
(female)

sleepydandelion HB User

All my symtoms started about 6 years ago. I do have some fairly large pieces of time where I feel close to normal. I don't think it is Lyme disease.
I am going to the doctor. I have had a test for thyroid. They said it was fine. I have all the symtoms of thyroid problems. I have had them for years. Well all my life. I have sever dry skin, fatigue, menstral, depression. That's just some things.
I also have a very abusive mother. It started when I was 5. I am 43 and she is still verbally abusive. She can't physically harm me anymore. But she is very abusive verbally.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

sleepydandelion I recommend getting the thyroid tests mentioned.

Lyme symptoms can wax and wane.

Dont give up, you will find out what is wrong.

Closed Thread