It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
(female)

byHizgrc HB User
Unhappy Swollen Tender Lymph Nodes

I've had swollen tender lymph nodes on & off for some time. They are usually pretty hard...or something like that... I just found a HUGE painful one behind my ear, and one that I've had on my neck a while is worse.

I have a dx of lupus & fibromyalgia. So, I don't know if it could be this. I have to wonder if maybe something else isn't going on. I've felt worse than usual the last few months, and in the last couple of weeks, I developed what I believe is a thing called petechiae (tiny red dots in various places of my body... blood spots...).

Any thoughts?

Old 05-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Swollen Tender Lymph Nodes

I have the same thing. I had an EBV test and I don't have it. I am waiting for the rest of my blood work to come back tomorrow. I have red dots in patches on both arms and 2-3 on my left shoulder.

The other blood work from 3 weeks ago my other doctor said he saw nothing wrong with it. Nothing is elevated and all is perfectly normal. I've been swollen in my back and neck. By the end of the day the back of my neck and head hurt from the neck lymph nodes. My back is flaming hot like it has an infection but when I take my temp it is low. I am usually at 95.4

I read that anything less than 95.0 and I need to go to the ER. I was given a sulfur antibiotic twice a day for 10 days.

I've had this before but never with the red dots and even last time it did not go away after 2 rounds of Cipro. I had them for about 6 months

Where you give CPR my doctor poked it today and asked if it was sore. It was and all around my belly was sore. Never knew it till he poked it. Now I keep rubbing it.

Most annoying !

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 05-29-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
(female)

byHizgrc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSqueaky View Post
I have the same thing. I had an EBV test and I don't have it. I am waiting for the rest of my blood work to come back tomorrow. I have red dots in patches on both arms and 2-3 on my left shoulder.

The other blood work from 3 weeks ago my other doctor said he saw nothing wrong with it. Nothing is elevated and all is perfectly normal. I've been swollen in my back and neck. By the end of the day the back of my neck and head hurt from the neck lymph nodes. My back is flaming hot like it has an infection but when I take my temp it is low. I am usually at 95.4

I read that anything less than 95.0 and I need to go to the ER. I was given a sulfur antibiotic twice a day for 10 days.

I've had this before but never with the red dots and even last time it did not go away after 2 rounds of Cipro. I had them for about 6 months

Where you give CPR my doctor poked it today and asked if it was sore. It was and all around my belly was sore. Never knew it till he poked it. Now I keep rubbing it.

Most annoying !

Sounds like it's possible you have SHINGLES. You're signs & symptoms are a little different then mine. Still, it's comforting to hear that someone else is sick & can't get their doc to really search & find out what's wrong. Not that I want someone to be sick... eh, I think you know where I'm coming from.

N-e-hoo... off to make my appt. This is my 2nd day missing work this week. Plus, I've missed TONS the last month or 2!!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

No I went to the doctor yesterday and it's not shingles. Gotta be stressed for shingles and I am so not stressed and my BP was 112/70 . I have worked with people that have shingles. I don't have it.
The ones on my right arm are gone and the ones on my left are barley there this morning but now I have one on my right side. I went back yesterday and had another CBC, complete thyroid, progesterone and estrogen blood work. I was going to wait till next month but oh well.

I'm thinking that the 2 are not related.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi byHizgrc. I am sorry you are feeling bad.

Have you considered tick-borne illnesses as a possibility? Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. It can cause many symptoms. Lyme disease is the second fastest growing infectious disease in the US after AIDS and the number one vector-borne disease. It is in every state.

Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

When Lyme disease is a possibility, it is very important to see a knowledge-able doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. '

Besides Lyme, ticks can also transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. It is estimated that 60% of people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. Bartonella can cause swollen lymph nodes.

If you think this may be a possibility and you would like a doctor recommenda-tion, let me know.

Last edited by ticker; 05-30-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
(female)

byHizgrc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker View Post
Hi byHizgrc. I am sorry you are feeling bad.

Have you considered tick-borne illnesses as a possibility? Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. It can cause many symptoms. Lyme disease is the second fastest growing infectious disease in the US after AIDS and the number one vector-borne disease. It is in every state.

Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

When Lyme disease is a possibility, it is very important to see a knowledge-able doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. '

Besides Lyme, ticks can also transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. It is estimated that 60% of people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. Bartonella can cause swollen lymph nodes.

If you think this may be a possibility and you would like a doctor recommenda-tion, let me know.
I have like 90% of those! Of course, my dx do too. Sooo confusing. We shouldn't have to be doing this. The doctors are supposed to find out what's wrong, NOT us!!

I don't know that this could be possible b/c I don't recall ever having a tick bite. In any case, I luv a doc recommendation. Know of any in IN?

Old 05-31-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

That list makes just about everyone in the world having lyme disease.
I use to get crazy about things like this. After I called 911 a few times cause I thought I was dying from a heart attack and was told I had panic attacks I made myself stopped having panic attacks and quit going nuts over every new disease they have on the market these days.

These days they add more symptoms to diseases I think just to get you to take pills. Then the pills you take to fix the problem winds up giving you another problem that you need a new pill to fix.

I might have a few red bumps and some swollen lymph nodes but my blood work came back and its all fine. They got out of whack on their own and go back on their own. I think I found the problem for mine. I grind my teeth and I think it's affecting my nodes. Doctors are my second choice I only go to them after I have diagnosed myself and need them to write me a script for Cipro.

Good Luck

Closed Thread