It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
(male)

pcon HB User
Unhappy I Dont Know What It Could Be????!?!?

Im a 23 male
For the past 5 days my neck and whole right side of my face has been numb there is no pain just numbness and tightness and it makes it difficult to swallow ??? i dont understand i dont know if iv strained it an its causing this? of if i damaged a nerve? or what? but its very scary! and frustrating i cant feel myself swallow on that side and when i move my jaw its like its very stiff and numb on the whole side if my face im also lightheaded and dizzy when i bend my head side to side And i feel like im in a fog or a dream or something im very out of it all day i dont know what this could be i know iv been to the docs before for this a long time ago but it was not as bad and they said it was nothing they ran test and everything so I have no clue what this could be ?? I know I lifted something heavey about 4 days ago and after that all this started happening so that could be what it is but still i dont know how to treat it? i dont have any pain at all just severe numbness in the whole right side of my face,neck,ear,jaw,throat,nose and head along with lightheadedness and dizziness and hard to swallow!?????....Somebody please tell me what this could be?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
(female)

neuropathyamy HB User
Wink Re: I Dont Know What It Could Be????!?!?

Hi
That is scary, I'm not a doctor by any means, but a few years ago, my husband had the same thing happen, the whole right side of his face went numb, when he smiled only half of his mouth would move. It ended up being Bells Palsy. Its when one of the nerves in your face gets inflammed and causes numbness and paralysis on one side of your face/head. They can treat it with steroids, like prednisone, (which are cheap drugs incase you don't have prescription insurance). You probably need to go see someone as soon as possible.
I have a neuropathy developed a couple of years later and was out here looking for some support groups. I saw your post and remembered how scared we were when it happened to my husband and thought maybe I could help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sahuja12 HB User
Re: I Dont Know What It Could Be????!?!?

Hello,

I am sorry you are going through this... Did they do a brain MRi?? Spinal MRI? Lumbar puncture?? I say that because I am 28 and was diagnosed with MS a few months ago. It all strated with a numb hand.

Have they done this work up already??

Old 07-09-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: I Dont Know What It Could Be????!?!?

I was thinking Bell's Palsy.

Closed Thread