It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
(female)

starrmomof3 HB User
Question Is this lyme or something else, please help!

Well for the past month in a half i've been having some serious panic attacks. I owuld start to fall asleep then leap out of bed trying to catch my breath, my chest then starts to burn then thighten up from my shoulder to my jaw and it makes it hard for me to breath. My hear starts to pound very hard and very fast. I usually don't fall asleep untill around 5-7 am then get up with my children around 8-9, but during the day i would feel fine untill night came back around. Saturaday 14,2007 me and my family went out to the lake where my finaces grandmother lives to go swiming and see family that came into town. well i was waking along the dock stop turned around and my left leg fell through where a board was missing. I have a nice bruise on my left leg near my hip. Well sunday night I had jsut sat down to watch a movie and then all of a sudden the pressure in my head got really bad and i felt what felt like a pop in my head, it started to burn all over myhead. i went to the er they did a CT scan and said everything looked normal. They diasnosied me with Costochondritis(inflamation of the the cartilage and muscle of the chest) and just regular headaches, so i went home.monday i wasn't feeling so great so i stayed in bed for mos tof the day and most of tuesday, tuesday afternoon i walked back up to the er becasue my right side of my face had gbeen numb for the past two days and i felt dizzy and disorenited. and more chest pain and tightening in my chest and i could feel a headahce on the left side of my head. They did an EKG and said everything was fine, they did blood work and said that came back normal, The doctor then diagnoised me has having vertigo, gave me meds for that and my migrains, but the meds don't seem to work. I am so confused and really want some in put on what could be going on with me since the doctors can't figure it out.

I have a doctor appointment today, wonder what he will tell me hopefully he will know what is going on and get me treated. But here is a list of my symptoms:
1. numbness in right side of face
2. muscles tightened up from bottom of neck to top of jaw
3. chest pain sharp off and on
4. tightening of muscles in chest
5. hard to breath
6. feel very weak
7. get dizzy and diorenited
8. stomach turning like i want to throw up
9. diahrea, yellowish water like with what looks like mucus or tissue in it
10. feel like i am going to faint or pass out.
11. rapid heart beats
12. panic attacks that last from minutes to hours

Please if any one has any insight to this it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
starrmomof3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Is this lyme or something else, please help!

Hi starrmomof3. I am sorry you are feeling so bad.

Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

When Lyme disease is a possibility, it is very important to see a knowledge-able doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. Lyme needs continuous, aggressive treatment.

Besides Lyme, ticks can also transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. It is estimated that 60% of people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA.

There is a lot of Lyme disease in Texas. If you would like a doctor recommendation, let me know. To me it sounds like you could have Lyme and Babesiosis. If you do have these infections, the sooner you get the proper treatment the better. Early, proper treatment may reduce the chance of long-term complications.

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's 2005 Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines For Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses. He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many Lyme doctors follow his protocols. I also recommend the book "Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease (2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner.

You may want to check out the Lyme disease board at this site. There are a lot of good people there.

Last edited by ticker; 07-18-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Closed Thread