It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
(male)

steve_evo HB User
Unhappy Please can anybody shed any light :(

hello people,

for the past 9 months now my life has been turned around by a mystery illness which no doctor can seem to find,

i will describe my symptoms which are sporatic an not always present but most happen on a daily basis i hope by readin this some person/persond have seen it in somebody they know or even better actually experienced it before.

My symptoms are

-chest pains, alwasy on the left hand side an usually low mostly daily
-lightheadedness/dizzyness this happens to me almost all the time daily
-aching legs for no apparent reason making them very restless
-feelin achey all the time usually in the neck in the lower back an feels like my head is very heavy
-stomach cramps an a very alterered bowel movements sometimes diarroah sometimes constipated
-shaking vigorosly wen bouts are bad
-sleeplessness
-like flushes through the body which make ya face feel very hot an very edgy

Ive been to my doctor many times over the past few months to the point were im thinkin of changing, he did do some bloodwork for me which apparently came back ok
- i have also been sent to a cardiologist who done all the relevant tests and found i have episodes irregular heart rhythm but im convinced its caused by this.

i have alsobeen to the emergency room many times but they have done some basic test an decided to send me home.

anybody with any information will be apprecaited im 23 years old and wat ever this illness is is stoppin me gettin on with normal life

many thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
(female)

all things HB User
Re: Please can anybody shed any light :(

My daughter was finally diagnosed with adrenal exhaustion and some kind of auto-immune disorder, with similar symptoms as yours, and at about the same age. Her cortisol levels were out of whack and so was ANA and C-Reactive Protein (It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure those were the tests). Also mildly anemic, and with a few oddball symptoms that indicated she needed more protein. The point being, many tests were done before they arrived at the diagnosis. Sometimes odd symptoms are hard to pindown with a diagnosis. You may need a referral to someone else that will think outside the box. Someone that might hear hoofbeats and be willing to think of zebras instead of horses .

Last edited by all things; 08-27-2007 at 07:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 08-28-2007, 06:16 AM   #3
(male)

steve_evo HB User

i appreciate your comments as i think i may be a illness of that kind. i also think it is harder to pinpoint an ilness with many symptoms because they dont know were to start so to speak. As u mentioned doctors sometimes do need to think outside the box, im thinkin about going to see another doctor this week maybe his view will be diffent i might even print your comments off an show them to him maybe they will push his ways into thinkin differently

many thanks

Old 08-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
(female)

mctassi HB User

steve,
check out the lyme boards. topsy123 is from the uk. Lyme is really tricky. symptoms, dx, everything. Lots of people don't remember being bitten by a tick or a bullseye rash. Lyme is like syphillis in that it effects all parts of the body. Most of us on the lyme board test neg. for EVERYTHING. Some LLMD (lyme doctors) think it can be transmitted sexually. Most agree mothers can pass it on to babies. Ticker lists many symptoms check out her posts. good luck. mc

Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

You might also read up on Celiac disease (spelled Coeliac in the UK) which is an intolerance to gluten which is found primarily in wheat. It sounds like it might be a possibility.

Last edited by index.html; 08-29-2007 at 07:25 AM.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

DebM412 HB User

What about lyme disease?

Old 08-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi steve. I am sorry you have been so sick. I know it is frustrating trying to find out what is wrong.

I agree with the other posters that Lyme disease may be possible. Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. It can cause many seemingly unrelated symptoms. It can be difficult to get diagnosed.

Below is a Lyme symptom list. You can have any combination of symptoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
Unexplained hair loss
Swollen glands
Sore throat
Testicular pain/pelvic pain
Unexplained menstrual irregularity
Unexplained milk production: breast pain
Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
Upset stomach
Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
Chest pain or rib soreness
Shortness of breath, cough
Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
Joint pain or swelling
Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
Muscle pain or cramps
Twitching of the face or other muscles
Headache
Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
Lightheadedness, wooziness
Tremor
Confusion, difficulty in thinking
Difficulty with concentration, reading
Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
Difficulty with speech or writing
Mood swings, irritability, depression
Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

It is very important to see a kowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. No test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab.

Besides Lyme, ticks can also transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. It is estimated that 60% of people who have Lyme are co-infected. It may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA.

If you think this may be a possibility, I can recommend a doctor who may be knowledgeable.

It is also important to learn as much as possible. I recommend reading Dr. Joseph Burrascano's 2005 Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines For Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses. He is one of the top Lyme doctors in the country, and many Lyme doctors follow his protocols. I also recommend the book "Everything You Need To Know about Lyme Disease (2nd edition)" by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner.

Do not give up. You will find out what is wrong.

Closed Thread