It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
(female)

MamaPom HB User
Bell's Palsy

Has anyone else here had Bells Palsy? My neuro told me that it is unrelated to my MS, however I think it is kind of funny that this is the thing that started my medical odyssey that concluded with the dx of MS. Any thoughts?

Old 04-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User
Re: Bell's Palsy

I didn't have what I'd call "classic" Bell's Palsy (face droop on 1 side), I had my right side of my face in spasms, with my corner of my mouth being pulled upwards. Doctors originally thought it was Bell's, or in their words "Looks like Bell's Palsy". It eventually went away, but I still occasionally feel a nerve twitch in that side of my face, generally by my mouth/chin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
(female)

zadie HB User

My first symptoms was dropped mouth tingling nose and watering eye and tingling around the mouth and slight drooling. Doctor thought it was bells palsy and went on oral steriods. It stopped except around the mouth area after a few days and the slight drooling continued for months then gone.This is what start me on my journey end result ms.
Michele

Old 04-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadie View Post
My first symptoms was dropped mouth tingling nose and watering eye and tingling around the mouth and slight drooling. Doctor thought it was bells palsy and went on oral steriods. It stopped except around the mouth area after a few days and the slight drooling continued for months then gone.This is what start me on my journey end result ms.
Michele
I'd say this was my major turning point in the right direction as well. Unfortunate I saw a neuro who didn't give me the time of day when this was occurring, but this was when I was convinced that I needed an MRI to be performed. Not soon after the facial spasms were happening, I began having L'Hermittes and that was the clincher.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

TXChica70 HB User

My son had Bell's Palsy at 18 months which is quite rare for such a small child to be affected. The 7th facial nerve has become inflamed for some reason. There is usually a cause like injury or maybe a viral infection so I doubt the Bell's Palsy was related to the MS, just a weird coincidence.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
(female)

AllyG HB User

I was also told I had Bells Palsy just before I was diagnosed with MS. The left side of my face was a bit droopy & numb. Cleared up though. I still get a bit tingly & weird on that side of my face, especially when very tired.

Closed Thread