It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

SoulMeetsBody HB User
help! could this be a stroke?

ok, one day a couple of years ago i was just sitting and my face suddenly got all weird and went sort of crooked. it was bad at first, like when i would drink it would spill and etc, but then it went back to normalish when i made a straight face. but STILL when i talk or smile my mouth moves noticably crookedish, like people who have had strokes and my one eye is a teeny bit more shut than the other. and sometimes i can only cry out of the one eye.

so basically i have a couple of questions;
can you have a stroke and not even realise it? just have something happen like i described? it's not like i felt any pain or anything, it was solely just what happened to my face.

and if it is the nerves, if i had some surgery can they just make the nerves normal again? anything can be pretty much fixed with plastic surgery right? i really don't want to have this physical burden on top of everything else for the rest of my life.

also, the one thing i was doubting was when this incident happened i was only in 7th grade. i didn't even know you could have a stroke at that age. note that i was and still am under an extreme amount of stress, for multiple reasons including anxiety and bipolar disorder.

i mentioned to my mother that it might have been a stroke, but understand, we don't get along and she has got this adamant impression that no one in the world except her, especially her own daughter, could have ANY stress.

so, please help and let me know what you think? i want to go to a doctor, but i haven't been to one in forever and i cannot go by myself. i would like just an opinion on what to expect first. thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 AM   #2
(male)

coolied HB User
Re: help! could this be a stroke?

I'd research Bell's Palsy if I were you..... Sounds alot more like that than a stroke, in my non-expert opinion.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-26-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 07-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
(female)

slojenn HB User
Re: help! could this be a stroke?

See a doctor ASAP...

Closed Thread