It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
(male)

Roadworker HB User
Can any1 advise on Doc on Long Island Please

I have been told that i 95% have Primary Progressive MS, all my test everything came out ok so far. My neuro has told me he ruled out Lyme disease from the blood work i guess.

I have been reading alot on neuro making mistakes on this MS dx and in fact some people have Lyme disease, i would like to look into this further before i except the PPMS dx.

Can someone please advise me on a good Doctor on Long Isand are tell me where i can look beside the yellow pagers.

Are where i can get blood work done are sent to that is has knows more about Lymer disease then a Neuro.

Thank you
Mike

Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User
Re: Can any1 advise on Doc on Long Island Please

Hi Roadworker,

There once was a very busy LLMD (Lyme Literate M.D.) on Long Island but he has since retired to go into research. His first name starts with a "B" and he is one of the most versed physicians in regards to Lyme.

There is an excellent LLMD in CT who's last name starts with "P" and he specializes in ALS/MS and Lyme. I am paranoid enough at this point to not share names of LLMD's online but if you dig a bit deeper you will find him.

Please do not give up. I was on the road to a MS diagnosis and then was tested through IgeneX labs and found I had lyme, babesia and ehrlichia...which I was then treated for and I am much better.

Continue your journey, get proper antibiotic treatment and then re-access. I will say a prayer for you and hope that your Primary Progressive MS is actually treatable tick borne illness, you would not be the first...

All My Best,
NCgirl88

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2008, 07:01 AM   #3
(female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Hi Mike.. Sorry your going through this.. I also live on Long Island.. and I was also told in the beginning I had MS, although none of my test pointed to MS.. As far as I know there are no LLMD's on the island.. there are a few doctors who will say they specialize in lyme but I have never gone to them.. I see a LLMD in Manhattan.. He is great and treats alot of people on this board.. His name is Dr. Raxlen..You can do a search and see if you like any of the info you see on him.. He is one of the best.. let me know if you have any other questions

Kelly

Old 07-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
(male)

Roadworker HB User

Ok thanks all, i have call today to have a kit sent to me by "IgeneX" and will start with that i guess.

I am prayer this is something other then the PPMS..

thanks Mike

Closed Thread