It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
(female)

RightFootMary HB User
Newbie with first infection

Hi all - I'm a 59 year old woman living in NY state and was just dx Monday with Lyme. It hit me late Friday night as a fever. I went to bed and when I got up on Sat I took my temp and it was 102. I got in the tub and when I was drying off I notice the red oval all the way up on my inner thigh. I treated the fever with Advil over the weekend and called my MD first thing Monday morning. Saw him at 4pm. By then the rash was red in the middle with a distinct white ring and a wider red area. The doctor took one look and said "lyme". I'm on 100mg of Doxycycline twice a day for 30 days. I also have a dry cough - is that part of Lyme?

As the rash started to fade I saw in the middle a bright red dot which I'm assuming was the site of the bite. I do all my own gardening and yard work and could have gotten it in my yard but then I also walk alot (mostly on paved roads) but sometimes on paved roads in densely wooded areas. I guess you never know where you got it. I also mentioned to the dr that I was in the Dominican Republic three weeks ago but he seemed to think that was too long ago.

Anyway I guess I'm now an "official" member of this site. Thanks guys for all the support.

Mary

Closed Thread