It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
(male)

zeeshan HB User
why do i have burning sensation in the back of my head

why do i have burning sensation in the back of my head and down the back of my neck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: why do i have burning sensation in the back of my head

Welcome to the boards, zee!!

Have you asked your doctor(s) about this? What did they say?

We can't diagnose you here, but we can offer insights, based on our personal experiences and the experiences of others...but the first place to start would be your doctor's office.

Do come back and let us know how you're doing.
Bethsheba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2008, 03:59 AM   #3
(male)

zeeshan HB User

i have been to my doctor about this problem a few times he says i suffer from anxiety and has put me on citalopram20mg i have had other symptoms like tensed arms, dizziness, muscle spasms, chest muscle tightness, my scalp feels stretched at times my face feels stetched, i feel weak and that ive no energy at times ive been for a MRI of the head and neck, a CT of the head, a CT ANGIO of the head and neck, and a ECHO of the heart and all the blood tests and all the test have come back clear but i still dont feel 100% somedays im fine but others i feel rubbish any suggestions.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:09 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

joansartiers HB User

What type of work do you do??? These tablets will help with your anxiety symptoms but not the pain. Perhaps looking into changing your sleeping matress, doing posture exercises may help. Try taking Vitamin B supplements to boost your energy levels. Find out properly though which one you can take because it may interfere with your medication. Goodluck =]

Old 11-10-2008, 04:18 AM   #5
(male)

zeeshan HB User

i have a property letting business which i did enjoy until all this started happening to me, so do you think i should carry on with the medication i dont feel pain anywhere thats why i was given these tablets, from your experience do you think its anxiety i sometimes panic thinking its something serious that nobody has picked up on yet

Old 11-10-2008, 04:25 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

joansartiers HB User

These tablets are not pain killers, so if you're feeling pain these won't have any affect. They are to help control your anxiety symptoms from going out of control. I can't tell you to go off your medication or not, its best to speak with the doctor about that. But if you find that the tablets are working for your anxiety or not, then think about that. Burning sensations normally happen to people that sit all day at a computer and strain their muscles. Try like i said to do posture exercises. But what your symptoms sort of sound like are migraines. Migraines dont have to be painful all the time, they can be phantom (you dont know its there) and it causes these attacks. Migraines cause pain from the neck and back to the head and makes you feel very dizzy and sometimes nauseous. These other symtpoms could also relate to you having anxiety attacks with the chest pains. Speak to your doctor about this

Old 11-10-2008, 04:32 AM   #7
(male)

zeeshan HB User

do you think it would be a good idea to see a phsyciatrist would they be able to help with anxiety

Old 11-10-2008, 04:35 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

joansartiers HB User

Psychiatrists will just listen to you and talk a little bit, they wont really provide a medical solution. They may also even tell you that all this could be just in your head, believe me its true. I say you still go back and see the same doctor that knows your medical history and go from there. Is your anxiety really that bad???? If so, thats what you talk to your doctor about, not a pyschiatrist

Old 11-10-2008, 04:40 AM   #9
(male)

zeeshan HB User

some days its really bad other days its not so bad but i just want to get my life back to normal and carry on with my life the way it used to be

Old 11-10-2008, 04:42 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

joansartiers HB User

Yes thats right, but it will take some time, it wont happen in a flash. For it to work though, you need to work with it, think positive, do things that will keep you occupied. Because if you're going to constantly think about these problems, it will affect you deeply. Im off for the night I will be back on in the morning

Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 AM   #11
(male)

zeeshan HB User

ok thank you very much for your time have a nice evening

Old 11-10-2008, 05:32 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

zeeshan,

Although you may be suffering from anxiety, anxiety is a symptom that is caused by something else...obviously your doctors have stopped looking for a diagnosis! Since they have tested for everything they can possible test for, I am going to suggest you do some reading on the Lyme Boards as your symptoms sound very much like those experienced by many people with Lyme Disease.

Yes, Lyme is in the UK!! They've found it in London's parks, for starters. And in my humble opinion, based on the number of posts we see daily on these boards, I think you've got an unrecognized epidemic over there!!!

That's not to say you've got Lyme, but if it were me, I would certainly check it out.

Good Luck!!!

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 11-10-2008 at 05:34 AM.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #13
(male)

zeeshan HB User

what is lyme disease?

Old 11-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lyme disease is a bacterial infection (sometimes accompanied by additional infections or co infections) that is cirulated throughout the body by the blood. These infections can cause problems with blood and tissues, muscles, joints, and bones, and organs like the brain and the bladder.

In the early stages, some people get a bullseye rash or other rashes that may come and go...but many do not get the rash.

In the second stage, the symptoms are commonly mistaken for the cold or the flu (another reason why it goes undiagnosed for so long):

fatigue
chills and fever
headache
muscle and joint pain
swollen lymph nodes
skin lesions

And in the third stage (which is persistent infection), some people have migratory joint, bone, and muscle pain (arthritis), meningitis, Bell's palsy, cardiac symptoms (changes in heartbeat).

In about 11% of the people with lyme, the arthritis may lead to erosion of cartilage and/or bone.

There are many neurological complications that may occur in stage 3.... depression, disturbances in memory, mood, or sleep patterns, and sensations of numbness and tingling in the hands or feet, Bell's palsy (paralysis of the facial muscles, usually on one side), and meningitis (fever, stiff neck, and severe headache).

But again, you'll find more on the Lyme boards.

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 11-10-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:47 AM   #15
(male)

zeeshan HB User

hi since last night ive been getting cold sweats and breathing difficulties i went to a&e lastnight and they checked my BP and checked my temp it was fine i feel i cant consentrate properly they said its a viral infection do you have any suggestions?

Closed Thread