It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 05:06 AM   #1
(male)

chrispie74 HB User
bells palsy

does anybody have any infomation on bells palsy i have had this condition for 21 years and would like to learn more as i was very young when i got it and had lots of differant thearies but no concreate reasons

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2008, 08:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: bells palsy

crispie,

Bell's Palsy is a symptom that some people with Lyme's Disease have...although they don't know the "cause" of Bell's Palsy, they have found that a bacteria causes Lyme's Disease.

Based on the many posts we see from the UK, it is my opinion that Lyme is very common over in your necks of the woods.

Bethsheba

Bethsheba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2008, 11:56 PM   #3
(male)

jonathon003 HB User

I got Bells earlier this year, and found this site to be extremely imformative. It's completely dedicated to BP and the forum there is pretty active with people that can answer all sorts of related questions. Hope it helps.

[url]http://www.bellspalsy.org.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meeting[/url]

Old 11-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
(male)

java junkie HB User

This message may seem a little much to you but here it is anyway. I have suffered from Bells Palsy for about 20 years myself but believe it or not I am in complete control over it now. It is thought that an inflammatory condition leads to swelling of the facial nerve in this disease. I am sure of this now. After suffering from Chronic Fatigue, IBS and anxiousness as well, I spent most of my life searching for what was wrong with me. It is a very long story so I will get to the point. After much research I decided to take a food intolerance blood test through ThinkRite Systems as I noticed I was experiencing a lot of acid reflux when I ate certain foods and wanted to get some answer as to why this was happening. The test results came back positive on several foods that the test claimed I was sensitive to. I removed the foods and followed their regiment for about 8 weeks and by that time all my other problems had completely left and my Bells problem had been reduced to about 1/3 of what it was....and it was extremely bad. Today it is completely gone and to prove that this test alone was my answer all I have to do is go back to eating the foods that the test diagnosed as positive and within 4-5 days my symptoms all return (all caused by inflammation as defined by ThinkRites leaky Gut info) This may sound too simple but it was the answer for me that the problem was...INFLAMATION.....Hopefully now anyone can get rid of this horrible disease. I must say, it was the last thing to go as far as my other ailments were concerned but "so what"....I'm so thankful. I know the pain you have all felt....hope this is your answer as well.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
(female)

millym HB User

hi as far as im aware bells palsy is thought to be inflammation of the facial nerves caused by infection (usually viral is suspected) that is thought to travel through the ear canal. but it is still just theories. some drs will give steroids & antivirals but treatment like this is contraversial & there is no research that proves that these drugs will actually help speed up or improve recovery so many drs will not treat this way & just recommend 'taking it easy'. recovery can be within a week to months & some unlucky sufferers are always left with some deficit. surgery can be offered in some cases where the person has a longstanding deficit and the purpose of this is to relieve facial nerve compression. again outcome is not always predicatable.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
(female)

janado HB User

"believe it or not I am in complete control over it"
Sorry, but that made me laugh!!! Bell's Palsy is a diagnosis of elimination! IF nothing else can be found that causes the paralysis, It's Bell's palsy. IF there is a reason, it's NOT Bell's!

Jan
3 time survivor of Bell's Palsy!!

Closed Thread