It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

tulsa1518 HB User
face tightening on right side of face and upper neck

What could be causing my face feel like its tightening on right side of face and upper neck?

Old 11-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: face tightening on right side of face and upper neck

It sounds like a flare in your face and neck. The muscles may be spasming in those areas.

Bye!
Kris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

It could also be Bell's Palsy, a symtpom of Lyme Disease. My face did that. And I have lyme.

Just a thought

Old 11-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

tmj, this is what happens to me

Old 11-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
(female)

di1952 HB User
Unhappy Re: face tightening on right side of face and upper neck

I feel your pain. I have had a neck problem since April 08.
I thought it was a simple neck ache till it lasted for so long...for months now I have been trying to figure out what it is. It feels like a tightening band in my upper neck that goes down on both sides and around toward the front.
It aches, causes some sharp pain sometimes depending on what I am doing, hurts all day and night. I am better in the mornings, though some mornings are tough too.
I have been to a chiropractor five times, my own rheumotologist, an accupunturist, physical therapy for weeks, a neurologist and a pain doctor who gave me two epidurals in my neck thinking it may be a nerve in my neck touching a vertabrae. I was told between C5 and 6 I have a bone spur and disc narrowing. Well, it was not that that caused me the pain because it did not work at all and I was given two epidurals.

I was getting massages that hurt me more afterwards. Massages used to work so well on me. I still have all the neck pain and here it is November. I never thought this would happen to me after having fibro since 1995. It could all be from the fibro my rheumotologist now says...she put me on paxil after years of being off it. I handled my fibro with daily exercise at the gym. I do get flare ups occasionally, but this one is a doosy!

Closed Thread