It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
(male)

Deviatorz HB User
Uneven lip/mouth

I have an issue where my face cheeks are uneven. I can tell because my left side of my lip/mouth is significantly lower than my right side (around 2mm). I used my hand to feel the thickness of my cheek and my right is definitely thicker than my left side; hence why my right side is higher up. I didn't notice this issue until last summer and judging by some pictures I taken from previous years, I think I've had this slanted mouth problem for maybe 2 or more years. I've change the side of which I chew my food now to the left (but sometimes I forgot and start chewing on the right again) and start sleeping with my left side facing down on the pillow (and I usually end rolling back to the right side down. So far it hasn't gone down. I may be paranoid but I think it's getting worse. Is there a way to quicken the process of leveling down my right side or raising my left side up naturally? Anyone know why I'm having this problem?

I am a 19 year old male, asian, 160cm.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Uneven lip/mouth

it's very normal to have an assymetrical face, most people do. Unless your face continues to change or you loose any feeling or movement in your face, I would say it's probably just the way you have developed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
(male)

Deviatorz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkochic17 View Post
it's very normal to have an assymetrical face, most people do. Unless your face continues to change or you loose any feeling or movement in your face, I would say it's probably just the way you have developed.
Is there any way to fix this without surgery? I don't think this is the way I've developed for one reason, because my mouth/lip didn't have this problem when I was younger. Would continue what I'm doing right now (sleeping on the left side of my face and chewing on the left side) help? There could be the possibility that this was caused by using my right side too much?

Old 02-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Deviatorz,

The symtoms you describe are similar to those in Bell's Palsey, which can be caused by a variety of things. Best to talk to a doctor about your symptoms, rule out the obvious, and if the docs can't help, come back and talk to us.

Bethsheba

Old 02-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I would agree to start with your general physician to rule out any underlying medical disorder. I'm not sure about surgical options if medical reasons are ruled out, I'm sure some aspects can be fixed.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
(male)

Jris HB User

I tend to agree with possible Bell's palsy.I underwent massive chemo 15 yrs. ago for testicular cancer, and developed BP.One side of my mouth drooped, and sagged..A month of muscle stimulation took care of it, it went away, has never returned. Don't be frightened, just get it checked out, it;s very treatable..Best to you!!

Old 02-18-2009, 11:18 PM   #7
(male)

Deviatorz HB User

Thanks for all the replies. I will consult with my physician as soon as I can; I'm currently a university student and you know how hard it is to free up some time. I did wiki about BP and I don't think I have that disorder but then again I'm not a doctor. However I defiantly will get it check out to have that proved for sure.

Edit: I don't know why I have **** for saying the short form of wikipedia. I did not curse in any way just to clarify.

Last edited by Deviatorz; 02-18-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Closed Thread