It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

amms2125 HB User
IGIV Treatments?

Has anyone done IGIV treatment, and what condition(s) was it for? Did you have side effects? Did it work? My neurologist has mentioned this to me. My conditions/symptoms are:

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Celiac Disease
Reactive Hypoglycemia
Nonstop Tinnitus
Possible Gastroparesis
History of thyroid problem
History of Bell's Palsy
History of Cervical Dysplasia
Migraines
Digestive Issues
"Brain Fog"
etc.

and he is concerned about my Autonomic Nervous System

Old 03-19-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kelli1b HB Userkelli1b HB User
Re: IGIV Treatments?

CVID - IVIG's making me so sick!

This has been my post about my IVIG treatments for CVID (common variable immuno deficiency). There are a few more on here regarding the IVIG. Even though they make me sick for a few days, they seem to be well worth it. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
(female)

amms2125 HB User

I'm already sick all the time w/ all of my conditions, so I don't know if I'd want to take something that would make me sick for a few days on top of it haha. But, I suppose if it really does work in the long-run to help you feel better, it would be worth it......??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelli1b View Post

This has been my post about my IVIG treatments for CVID (common variable immuno deficiency). There are a few more on here regarding the IVIG. Even though they make me sick for a few days, they seem to be well worth it. Good luck!

Old 03-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
(female)

amms2125 HB User

Also, how did you get CVID and what type of doc diagnosed you? What were your symptoms, if you do not mind me asking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelli1b View Post

Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

kelli1b HB Userkelli1b HB User

Chronic recurrent infecitons: bronchitis like 8-10 times per year, 5 sinus infections per year, strep & ear infections 5 per year...finally I got fed up and asked my family doctor if I could have an autoimmune disease and he said it was possible, ran my antibodies which were low and referred me to allergy & immunology. The iv's are well worth it, I haven't had a serious infection since I started, over 2 months :-)

Closed Thread