It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
Does anyone have ear pain?

does anyone have ear pain? like inside your ear drum like a stabbing pain? about a few months ago I noticed this it hurt bad went away in a few seconds. Not today I have gotten the same thing. Now I read on a Fibro site it is a symtom pain and ringing in ears. I don't want to have to go back to the doctors until I have to in may.

This does not happen all the time.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Does anyone have ear pain?

hi SnowBunny,
Yes i have this and my doctor gave me a great idea to try and it works for me. Sweet oil drops. i got mine at wal-mart pharmacy section area and it's in a small brown bottle with the dropper. i think the cost is under $5.00 and will last a very long time. i tilt my head to side and 1/4th of a dropper into each ear. kinda rub behind your ear after the drops and this will soothe the ear problem.
this works for me, i hope it works for you,

BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeHappy2 View Post
hi SnowBunny,
Yes i have this and my doctor gave me a great idea to try and it works for me. Sweet oil drops. i got mine at wal-mart pharmacy section area and it's in a small brown bottle with the dropper. i think the cost is under $5.00 and will last a very long time. i tilt my head to side and 1/4th of a dropper into each ear. kinda rub behind your ear after the drops and this will soothe the ear problem.
this works for me, i hope it works for you,

BeHappy2
so this is normal with Fibro nothing to worry about? My pain is not in the outside of the skin. It's like in the ear drum that comes and goes.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

My pain is in the eardrum also, i use the sweet oil in my eardrum area.

I have no idea if this is fibro related or not but i do have fibromyalgia and i have the eardrum pain. This pain is not on the outside of the ear, the pain is the inner ear.

I hope this explains to you better, hope your ear pain eases.
Wish you well

BeHappy2

Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeHappy2 View Post
My pain is in the eardrum also, i use the sweet oil in my eardrum area.

I have no idea if this is fibro related or not but i do have fibromyalgia and i have the eardrum pain. This pain is not on the outside of the ear, the pain is the inner ear.

I hope this explains to you better, hope your ear pain eases.
Wish you well

BeHappy2
yea this is the problem i have inside the ear and i have fibro too. So it must be a symptom of fibro!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
(female)

applecollector HB User

GGGGEEEZZZZ is there any pain that is not FIBRO

I also have this along with jar pain---glad to hear about the drops
my dr gave me drops--they are more for infection but do help with the pain

I also use mineral Ice cream on my jar and right behind my ear.

I have had Bell's palsy twice, and there is a place right behind your ear where the nerves come though a small space---so I figure that is what gets inflamed.

TO night the shap stabbing pains have started shooting on right side of head OUCH!!!!!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
(female)

Rita27 HB User

YES. This drive me crazy. It is inner ear pain and sometimes even pain in my teeth and jaw. It's very sharp, stabbing pain. I always thought it came from my neck because I have two herniated discs there, but I also have fibro, so I guess either way I'm doomed to suffer this also.

I use an ice pack,sometimes that helps.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

Having muscle tissue spasm where the top front of your neck and jaw meet can cause ear pain and also phantom toothaches. I hope you get to feeling better.

DeBeachSiren

Closed Thread