It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2009, 05:29 AM   #1
(female)

fibrocrafter HB User
OCD worse at night? Wake up panicky anyone?

My earlier obsessions are so much better. Read below to see what they were. I may automatically drum my fingers in that pattern, but now it's a force of habit and don't bother me.....anyways. I'm finding that I'm better during the day, except the skin pickiing. But it seems that at night, I wake up and constantly check my face, like pinch it or slap it or something because I have a friend who had Bell's Palsy (a facial stroke) which is only a temporary thing, but still....anyway I'm afraid I'm going to get it. I start to panic. During the day....it doesn't even bother me. Anyone else?

I'm the skin picker that posted earlier. I grew up with OCD starting at age 10 and had to do things in a clockwork pattern starting from the bottom, then left, then top and then right and ending in the center. I also had to drum my fingers by starting with the pinky, then the ring finger and then the thumb, pointer and middle finger......see always ending in the middle. My rationalization? Keeping myself centered hear on earth so I wont die. The pattern? Left or bottom was Hell and Top or Right was Heaven and center of course was Earth. Crazy Huh?

Old 04-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
(male)

PanicAtTheDisco HB User
Re: OCD worse at night? Wake up panicky anyone?

Not so crazy...but then again I have ocd too lol.

But you say you wake up panicky. I used to as well, thinking someone had poured a bit of blood in my eyes or mouth while I was asleep; trying to give me a virus/disease. Very paranoid huh?

But you seem to worry about the palsy thing, which is normal for ocd sufferers cause we all have hypochondria to an extent.

On any meds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
(female)

fibrocrafter HB User

Finally back on board after a week or so, but yes I'm on meds for anxiety/depression. Mostly anxiety/panic disorder. But I've been on this dose for a couple of years and am wondering if I need an increase? Will it help me to sleep all night without waking up panicky and help me to stop with this skin picking thing. I also wake up and just worry over things that don't seem to bother me during the day. It's like I'm a different person at night.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
(female)

PAUSA HB User

I woke up the other night gasping for air and felt like I couldn't breathe or swallow and then I went into a state of panic and was convinced something terrible was happening to me so I went to the ER, sat there for 6 hours and they told me I looked great and my tests were perfect and that I needed to see someone for my anxiety/ocd. That has never ever in my life happened to me and I hope that it doesn't happen anymore because it was a terrible feeling. I'd so love to just be happy, carefree and enjoy my life, everything about it, and be normal!! Mine is pretty much bad all day long, but can be worse in the morning or at night. It changes patters all the time which can also be cause for anxiety and panic because I can't really figure out what it's going to be from day to day. Good luck to you.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

JomBobwe HB User

I read this earlier and didn't think I had anything to contribute... two ideas crossed my mind and I thought maybe..

Anyway - it's probably that your minds are running on something, and your're having difficulty relaxing which is helping to cause you to wake like that.

So the obvious, if you haven't already, cut out any caffeine after 2PM and also food after dinner. cut out caffeine entirely if you can.

maybe something like a fan, or, one of those trickle water fountain things - you know, the little desktop fountains where the trickle of water over the stones.. in the bedroom may help calm and relax you. A gentle noise can help sooth and relax you a little more which might help. It helps me to have a fan going in the room for both the air circulation and the gentle noise...

And this may sound silly - but, has anything changed in your environment that you could subconciously be noticing? New PJ's, different light, new neighbors - anything that is missing from what your environment was or new could cause a startle response that you're not aware of the cause - (waking up and something is not right, or waking and realizing something normally is there isn't ....). - Maybe the noise of the furnace.... or the radiator...

Anyway - just thought I'd throw it out there.

Last edited by JomBobwe; 05-16-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: more ideas

Closed Thread