It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
(male)

carsanz HB User
werid vision problems

Ever since lasik surgery I have been having werid vision problems. Its difficult to explain but, I will do my best to do so. I got lasik surgery back in June of 2008 and the reason I got it was due to the irritation of contacts. But as of now if I could go back I would. Recently I have been having some really werid vision probems with my left eye it seems like. It seems as if when im talking to someone my left eye will jitter a little bit, at least that's what it feels like. Sometimes when im talking to someone it seems as if my left eye will go inward a little bit for like a split second then go back to normal. The reason I believe so is because when i'm talking to someone I can see their eye do the same thing probably since it's following my eye. No one seems to say anything or prob even realize but it has been affecting my self-esteem I would say quite drastically as well as my social well being. I have a little bit of a droopy eyelid on my left eye as well but I went to a nuerologist and he ran several tests and said it was physiological, but the weird thing is I never had it when I was a child. Im currently 18 and I would say the droopiness started when I was around 16. I don't know if this could have anything to do with what i'm feeling. Another thing is sometimes I feel like my left eye is a little inward when I look at someone at a far distance. Its really werid I dont know how to explain it. I have been to about 3 doctors and they have all said the same thing ( dry eye ) but I don't feel like I do at all and I take drops frequently. When I take pictures my eyes look completley normal. It's just this is always in my sub-conscious mind and it really gets to me. Could it possibly be a loose nerve connected from my brain to my eye? If I can get any feedback that would be great. Like I said its difficult to explain what i'm feeling but if anyone can help in any way with information that would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: werid vision problems

Welcome to the boards, carsanz!

Given your droopy eyelid and your eye problems, you may want to investigate the possibility of Bell's Palsy...I suspect there may be more to this than just those symptoms, but check out the Bell's Palsy first...it's a neurological condition that can present a number of different ways.

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 04-20-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Closed Thread