It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #16
(female)

brebre HB User
Re: Problems from Bystolic

The exact same happened to me. I thought it was the beta blocker bystolic giving me bp spikes but i wasn't sure.
I had been having severe vertigo with bp spikes for the past two weeks. Even laying in bed I had vertigo. This vertigo came on suddenly. Saturday I woke up and couldnt stand without staggering. My BP was 225/120.

Of course the ER wanted to accuse me of being noncompliant. The ER doctor wanted to know how I got this BP and I am on 4 different bp drugs.
I told him I would like to know the answer too.
I told him I was weaning off this drug. He said since i was only on it for 2.5 months I could stop taking it.

Why did I listen to him. I woke up this morning with the worst headache, palpitations, bp elevated, back pain, vertigo, etc. I thought I was a goner. In a panic I took one of the Bystolic and about 10hours later I felt better.

This drug seems to have a toxic effect that suddenly sneaks up on you. It felt like i was poisoned or something. .Really weird.
In the beginning I felt so good and my bp was lower.

Also I am having tooth pain. My ears feel like they are stuffed. Last night I had 5 back to back vivid nightmares. One was I lost all of my hair and the second one was I was in a 10th floor building and an earthquake came and I had to jump.
Dont remember the other 3. How is this drug affecting my brain if it is making me have violent nightmares?

Last edited by hb-mod; 12-04-2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Old 06-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #17
(female)

bebiner HB User
Re: Problems from Bystolic

Thank you for your post. I have tried so many beta blockers and this one was the worse!! I thought I was going crazy till I read this board. I had numbness in my hands and feet every morning, pain in my joints, increased shortness of breath, swollen hands and feet and bells palsy like symptoms, irregular heart beats, weight gain. My lyme titers were also up but not high enough to be classified as lyme dx. My cardiologist also shrugged my symptoms off and said there was nothing wrong with my heart. I have had it with beta blockers all together! Whatever they are helping can't be worth going through this kind of a life! Thanks for making me realize I am not crazy!! Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread