It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
(male)

dennis 1004 HB User
Idiopathic Nausea

My wife suffers from chronic idiopathic nausea. She is a 69 year old white non-diabetic person. No underlying diseases;however, she has periphal neuropathy of the lower extremities and non-Parkinson tremor. She has moderately high C reactive protein, gastoparesis, and has had facial (mostly resolved) Bell's palsy. She has taken Zolfran, Prevacid, sub-lingual Ativan to no avail. She is being successful treated for underactive thyroid with 30 mg of Armour. Blood tests are normal, upper G.I., fine, small bowel test good, lower G.I. unremarkable. She finds relief with a 50% diluted blackberry brandy. She can eat a normal dinner and not suffer the nausea at night. No known food allergies or respiritory distress, she never smoked. Thank you and God Bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User
Re: Idiopathic Nausea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis 1004 View Post
My wife suffers from chronic idiopathic nausea. She is a 69 year old white non-diabetic person. No underlying diseases;however, she has periphal neuropathy of the lower extremities and non-Parkinson tremor. She has moderately high C reactive protein, gastoparesis, and has had facial (mostly resolved) Bell's palsy. She has taken Zolfran, Prevacid, sub-lingual Ativan to no avail. She is being successful treated for underactive thyroid with 30 mg of Armour. Blood tests are normal, upper G.I., fine, small bowel test good, lower G.I. unremarkable. She finds relief with a 50% diluted blackberry brandy. She can eat a normal dinner and not suffer the nausea at night. No known food allergies or respiritory distress, she never smoked. Thank you and God Bless!
Hi
have a look in the threads, for one about chronic idiopathic nausea in this area and you will find others who suffer it. Most of us have been put on a tricyclic antidepressant ( not for depression) but because it can block the nausea receptors in the brain. she should ask her doctor aBout it. ( either amitryptiline or mirtazapine) i have to take 50 mgs a night but it does help with the nausea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

juiceplus HB User

I agree with previous poster, I was just diagnosed and given tricyclic meds.

Try doing a search on Functional Dyspepsia and ask her doctor if this could be related...

Old 05-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User

hi juice plus
how are you going on the tricyclical meds? which one are u on and what dose?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #5
(female)

juiceplus HB User

Hi

I was started on Desipramine 10mg
Today I am not feeling well. I thought everything was going to get better!
I guess I'll have to wait the recommended time which is 2-6 weeks before I notice results

Closed Thread