It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
(female)

littlehutton HB Userlittlehutton HB Userlittlehutton HB User
can lymes cause eye problems?

Hi everyone

Have been sick for 5 months now with really strange neuro type symptoms, think possible MS though MRI's are clear. My eyes have become damaged in a sense that my pupils now dilate to different sizes on and off, I dont have blurred vision, but do get pain in my eyes and severe headaches and head pressure. I have many symptoms which have got considerably worse over 5 months, dont ever recall being bitten.

Has anyone ever had this specific eye problem with lymes? I know lymes causes vision problems, but can it actually cause damage to the ocular nerve which has this effect on the pupils at random intervals. Ive also had bell palsy which I know is another sign of lymes. Any advice would be much appreciated, im so desperate for answers, many thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
(female)

littlehutton HB Userlittlehutton HB Userlittlehutton HB User
Re: can lymes cause eye problems?

Hi iwillgtwell

Love the name BTW!

Thank you for replying to my post. Gosh, that was over a year ago now. A lot has happened since then. And like you I have since been diagnosed with Lyme Disease and Bartonella.

So I guess these eye symptoms are definitely caused from Lyme!

sorry to hear you have had a similar experience to me, its such an awful disease, I hope you are getting the treatment you need and are seeing improvements. Its still early days for me, i've been on treatment for 9 months now and have had some progress, but still have a very long way to go.

Wishing you well

LH

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: can lymes cause eye problems?

A friend of mine had bells palsy and the eyelid and face drooped a bit. It is not too bad now. Bay leaf tea was used in the old days for small pox. It is therefore likely an antiviral. A couple leaves may be placed in a cup of water that has been just boiled and then steep for 20 minutes. It will be clear but taste rather pleasant in my opinion most of the time. It can be done every 6 hours.

Closed Thread