It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2010, 03:32 AM   #1
(female)

xxclairehugxx HB User
Question blurred vision in left eye headaches slight numbness now and again

I have been experiencing blurred vision and slight twitching in my left eye and slight numbness on the left side of my face and tongue which does stop I also experience sharp shooting pain in my eye. Yesterday whilst walking home from taking children to school i felt a sharp pain at the back of my head on the left side which then felt like there was somehting trickling down the back of my head. I also have been experiencing headaches mainly on my right side which is a almost constant wih a dull pain. About 4 years ago i did have bells palsy but that rectified itself can anyone help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB User
Re: blurred vision in left eye headaches slight numbness now and again

Have you had a recent eye exam?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2010, 03:36 AM   #3
(female)

xxclairehugxx HB User

No I haven't had an exam since i as in school.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

Do you feel as if you are having another episode of Bell's Palsy? You would do well to get an appointment with the doc to rule our syncope, ischemia, blood clot, etc. How old are you? Not that it matters in this day and age. Make sure you wear sunglasses and begin facial exercises with the ok of your physician. Sincerely, searchin

Old 09-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

dhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB Userdhurlbert3 HB User

I would get an eye exam first then decide where to go from there.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:42 AM   #6
(female)

xxclairehugxx HB User

I will do thanks very much for your advice I will let you know what happens.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
(female)

helpatrice HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxclairehugxx View Post
I have been experiencing blurred vision and slight twitching in my left eye and slight numbness on the left side of my face and tongue which does stop I also experience sharp shooting pain in my eye. Yesterday whilst walking home from taking children to school i felt a sharp pain at the back of my head on the left side which then felt like there was somehting trickling down the back of my head. I also have been experiencing headaches mainly on my right side which is a almost constant wih a dull pain. About 4 years ago i did have bells palsy but that rectified itself can anyone help.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
(female)

helpatrice HB User

Dear Claire, I am a newcomer and I came across your post regarding Bell's Palsy with associated nerve twitching and facial numbness. I am sorry to hear this has caused so much distress for you and I wanted to reply as I have had Bell's Palsy after months of headaches and nerve twitching on the left hand side of my face. I felt really unwell and completely lost my balance and couldn't tolerate any kind of stress at all.

With my nerve pain and numbness which was present for about seven years I eventually found out the cause and it has been my chiropractor that found it. I have been an R. N for many years and due to prolonged physical stress my atlas had become rotated and part of the brain stem incorporating the cranial nerves which service the face and balance mechanisms became trapped. I am slowly regaining my balance and the numbness is going due to the upper cervical adjustments involving the atlas and axis.
Sorry for the long post, Kind Regards Helen

Old 12-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
(female)

WhiteBuffalo HB User

Welcome to the club. lots of us got this and all of us are askingsame questions.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #10
(female)

helpatrice HB User

Hi Claire,
Thanks for your reply. I have some follow up information which I hope may be of some help. I have been diagnosed with a condition call Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BVVP). I have had the good fortune to have found an upper cervical specific chiropractor who specializes in this condition. After five TMJ adjustments and the usual neck adjustments the vertigo has gone due to release of pressure on that nerve that goes through the middle ear. I had pain about twenty years ago through the middle ear and it was due to misplacement of the Temporomandibular Joint. It was treated by the dentist who initiated a night splint and follow up equilibration of the dental bite. It helped for a while but it was the chiropractor who saved my life.

Kind regards, take care Helen. Please let me know how you are going

Old 01-04-2011, 02:51 AM   #11
(male)

ramnakhle82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxclairehugxx View Post
Cranial Nerve VII (Facial Nerve) provides motor innervation to the face and taste sensation (sensory) innervation to part of the tongue. So Bell's palsy, which affects this nerve alone, presents with hemifacial weakness including the forehead, and resulting drooping and facial asymmetry: only motor changes with the exception of decreased taste sensation in a small percentage of patients. So this doesn't sound like a new episode of it because all of your symptoms are sensory and involve other cranial nerves such as CN II (Optic Nerve), CN V (Trigeminal Nerve), and perhaps your CN III, IV, VI (Responsible for your eye movements).

I would go see a neurologist rather than an ophthalmologist; for a full neurologic exam, and if needed, a CT or MRI or other. You're having sensory neurologic symptoms your ophthalmologic symptoms are only a part of those.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread