It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2001, 10:04 PM   #1

Soni HB User
Bells Palsy

Last week I thought I had a tension headache in the back of my neck and it keep on hanging on and so on Mother's Day I woke up feeling terrible and my supposidly tension headache got worse by the evening, I was in so much pain I was crying like a baby and I am 42 years old. The next day when I woke up I felt about the same and when I went to brush my teeth I noticed that my face didn't looke normal I thought I might of had a stoke in my face. I went to the doctor and he told me I had Bells Palsy. I was wondering if anyone else reading this posting has ever had Bells Palsy?
Take care everyone.
Soni Gordon

Old 05-20-2001, 08:08 PM   #2
Inactive

Tara1 HB User
Re: Bells Palsy

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. My good friend had gotten Bells Palsy after a very challenging and stressful 18 hour Labor.
I had saw her 2 weeks afterwards and she did not look good, one side of her face was hanging down, I was so horrified to see her like that. Her Dr said everything would be fine and it would go away in a matter of weeks. Well I did not see her again til just recently and she looks back to normal and great!! She said it went away about 3 weeks after I orignally saw here. So it took about 5-6 weeks total for hers to clear up. Good Luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2001, 09:17 PM   #3

judibears HB User

Sorry you're not feeling well. Years ago a friend of mine had Bells Palsy also. It did go away but took some time, probably a few short months. Best wishes, Judi

Old 05-25-2001, 07:27 AM   #4

sjohnson67 HB User

Hello. My sister and I both have had this due to pregnancy. It was the same for us both. Just woke up one morning and looked in the mirror just like you said. This was about 7 months into pregnancy. It is caused by an impingement of the nerves on the side of your face and some doctors will treat it with steroid treatment. Most will just leave it alone tough. However it does not always go away, I still have a lopsided smile after 4 years. Each case is different though,my sister is fine. Good luck.

Old 05-29-2001, 11:28 PM   #5

Soni HB User

I am giving everyone an update on how I m feeling. I am starting to feel a little better, last week my neurologist put me in the hospital for this bells palsy to run an MRI and a MRA to see is anything was seriously wrong, he released me the next afternoon, he said there wasn't any problems with the test the hosital ran. My face is still a little paralyzed and my eye still hurts if I look at anything for any length at a time. My face and neck is very painful expecailly if anyone touches it but other then that I am feeling a little better. I know the bells palsy takes time so I have to learn to be patience. Thank you all for replying to my posting and I will keep in touch about my progress.
Soni Gordon

Reply Reply