It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #16
(female)

TxMama HB User
Re: Facial pain/numbness

Clare - just wanted to give you a hug and wish you the best. I am suffering facial numbness too (right side only). I have seen yesterday and today that it is affecting my right arm and fine motor skills in my right hand as well. Awaiting test results myself and awaiting insurance approval for an MRI. We will get the answers we need... stay positive as much as possible (easier said than done, but we have to fight) Take care and keep us updated!

Desperately seeking answers and relief...

Current Medications:
Trinessa
Maxalt 10mg
Amitriptyline 25mg
Naproxen 800 mg
Skelaxin

Old 10-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #17
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

Do any of you with facial numbness have it affecting the movement of your face? I've had the numbness for almost 7 months now, but thankfully it hasn't affected any of the movement.

I appreciate that you are sharing your stories because I have been feeling pretty discouraged continuing to seek answers for it. The doctors kind of make me feel like maybe it is a mental thing since they don't have a clue why my nose and ears went numb. I start doubting myself. Your stories make me feel like there really is an answer out there somewhere.

Thanks,
MountainReader

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I've never had my face go numb. (Except for one time when I was getting a TrP injection and the doctor accidently anesthesized the C3 spinal nerve, but that's another story.)

Oh, one interesting point of anatomy is that the skin on a lot of your head is actually innervated from the spinal nerves, not the cranial nerves. So facial numbness actually can come from the back of the neck.

My hands go numb so often I don't even think about it anymore. On very rare occasions, it gets bad enough that I drop things instead of holding them properly. It always goes away with a few hours of patience, rest, and stretching.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
MountainReader (10-31-2010)
Old 10-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #19
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

That is an interesting point Jane, thanks.

I had a C-Spine MRI last week along with a brain MRI and a brain MR Angiogram and Venogram. I'm just waiting for the results.

I went to the Neurologist for an intense headache a couple weeks ago and he was very interested in my neck issues. I've had neck "tension" that is pretty bad for so long that it is "normal" for me. I have done chiropractic treatment some. PT of the cervical area really helped for a couple months, but insurance wouldn't cover any more visits because I wasn't making progress "fast enough". My last PT was at the end of August. It would be nice if I could find a neck treatment that would help. It is hard not to worry while waiting for the MRI results, especially since they were of the brain.

The Following User Says Thank You to MountainReader For This Useful Post:
barb527 (11-06-2011)
Closed Thread