It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

carolsway HB User
Swollen Neck, TMJ?

I'm going to start from the beginning, about a month and a half ago... I was diagnosed with a high-risk HPV & given low-dose naltrexone in an experimental attempt to help me fight it off. After 2 weeks of taking the drug and after going to an all day concert outside my entire body swelled up, not dramatically, just enough for me to notice, as I am about 125lbs. I went to the ER when the swelling was just my neck, they said it could be pharyngitis as a side effect from the naltrexone and brushed me off. I stopped taking the LDN at this point and figured, eventually, the swelling would go down. The body swelling did but the neck swelling did not, I eventually started to get pain my jaw, sometimes severe pain especially after waking up. I sometimes feel like there is a lump in my throat when I try to swallow, nothing painful just noticeable. I went to the doctor and had blood work done, nothing, thyroid ultrasound, nothing, and the dentist who just blamed it on stress. The doc said it wasn't my lymphnode that was swollen, just my neck, he also said it wasn't a tooth/jaw problem, of which I am almost positive it is at this point... I am going to go see a better dentist at the end of the month but I just want the swelling to go away. help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
(female)

carolsway HB User
Re: Swollen Neck, TMJ?

Just thought I'd update, I went to a dentist that specializes in TMJ and he said I definitely had it. My alignment is messed up and I will be getting a splint made. I do have a small long weird lump under my skin on the back of my neck below my hair line but I'm thinking that it has to do with the muscle spasms I've been having due to the TMJ.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread