It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

junebug HB User
related to copper deficiency?

I have had BP now for 6 1/2 months and it is slowly improving (still waiting for a smile to appear and a blinking eye without consciously doing so.) I have tried everything: the steroid/viral medication combo, acupuncture, chiroprators, massage, exercises, healthy diet, vitamins/aromatherapy/homeopathy and more...Maybe it helped, maybe not, because I don't know where I would be if I had done nothing at all. Everyone has their own experience and different recovery. I recently went to a different chiro, he specialized in natural health and emphasizes nutrition and vitamins. My neck has been so screwed up, tight he says most likely from an old injury now coming back. 2 months ago I went on a low glycemic diet at his request(no carbs, sugar, grains) amp up the protein and good fats/oils. And I just recently did a mineral analysis taken from a hair sample. I took a bunch of blood tests before from a medical dr. but it didn't show much. The hair sample showed I was low in some essential minerals(like phosphorous, selenium, and lithium), mainly very low in copper. Copper is important for nerve function, also hormone production. And this test was taken a couple months after I had really been paying attention to my diet! I am assuming it was very low right around the time I was diagnosed with BP back in September. I am no expert, but just trying to figure it out and why this has happened and what else I can do. Anyone else heard of this kind of connection? Read about it online, very interesting! I am doing a home chelation to get back to balance, taking daily vitamins, and eating all the right kinds of foods. I really hope to make a full recovery soon so I can return to having normal facial expressions!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
(female)

thyme2chat HB User
Re: related to copper deficiency?

Bells Palsey follows a virus. Facial exercises and starting anti viral medication with in the first 24 hours, most important. I have bells Palsey about 6 years ago, followed a sinus infection. I knew what it was and went straight to the Dr. anti virals and prednisone. Bell's Palsey is a virus that attacks the cluster of nerve in front of your ear. From your ear those nerve spread out over your face. If you took the heal of your hand and placed it on your ear then spread your fingers across your face. Those ore the nerves affected by Bell's Palsey.

Boosing your immune system by eating right and taking vitamins is the right path. Copper in very important but to much can be fatal same with selenium. To get all the selenium you need in a day eat a brazil nut. Copper is absorbed by your liver, then your liver has to eliminate it. So be very careful don't damage your liver.
Keep doing facial exercises, keep those nerves stimulated.
K

Reply Reply