It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
(female)

jbv HB User
Bells Palsy

I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy last 2009.

I tried Physical Therapy and Acupuncture for awhile and it did help. To date, my friends and family said they barely notice it especially if I don't talk or smile - my smile is still crooked on the left side and still couldn't talk like before. I still have some spasm and numbness on the left side of my face every now and then especially whenever I'm stressed but tugging and doing the facial exercise helps loosen the muscle a bit.

I'm just curious though, a few days before I had bell's palsy I had a full body massage. I know I was experiencing back aches and severe headaches a couple of days before having BP and I asked the masseuse to concentrate on massaging the left side of my neck and shoulder. Is it possible that this might have caused my BP? Should I have my neck/shoulder checked for any nerve damage? Or ask my acupuncture doctor to try his works on these parts since he always do majority of the needle work on my head....

Last edited by jbv; 06-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
(male)

ATC000 HB User
Re: Bells Palsy

Was the massage on the left side of your neck painfully vigorous right around your ear lobe?

Last edited by ATC000; 11-14-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply