It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

MelodyO HB User
Bell's Palsy and Lymes Disease-Bells wk 7

Got 3" red circle on Father's Day, Sunday, June 16, 2013.
The circle got darker each day, and I was feeling nauseous and tried.
On Wed, June 19 the bulls-eye appeared, went to Health Stop clinic.
Diagnose me with Lyme Disease.
Put me on antibiotic, Doxycycline, for 21 days, 4 days later,
Saturday night, June 22, I can call my cat, my left side of my face is paralyzed, diagnosed with Bell's Palsy. My eye was blood shot and hurt. The eye drops and gel has helped a lot. I had to tape my eye shut at night.

When I finished the 21 days of Doxy, for the Lyme, I no longer have Flu-like symptoms, of fever, chills, nausea, neck pain, or feeling fatigue.

It's been 7 weeks that I have had Bellís Palsy and it is getting better, I can now call my cat (kissy, kissy), I donít have to hold my cheek to pronounce ďbísĒ and ďpísĒ any longer. I no longer have to tape my eye shut at night, but I still cannot smile. People are telling I look better. I got Bellís on June 22, I was hoping that it would only last for 2 weeks, now I'm hoping that I will have my face and smile back in 2 months (August 22nd. I have not been taking anything for Bell's, my doctor offered a steroid (Prednisone), but I did not want to take a steroid.

Anyone else get Bell's as a result of Lyme?
How long did the Bell's take to go away?
Did any of the treatments you used for the Bell's work?

I'm thinking of trying Acupuncture (doctor not supportive), I've had 2 Reiki and Craniosacral Therapy sessions (I think they helped, but not sure). Any use any alternative treatments for

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mabent HB Usermabent HB Usermabent HB Usermabent HB User
Re: Bell's Palsy and Lymes Disease-Bells wk 7

Hi Melody - I wrote you before, but my post somehow got deleted.
I was telling you not to worry - that your Bell's Palsey will gradually go away entirely. At least that's what happened to my son years ago. He had a deer tick imbedded in his chest but thought it was a mole or something like that. Then, after he had had it for about a week. he realized it was a tick!! He then got Bell's Palsy!
The outcome, however, was good because we found a doctor in his area In New Jersey who specialized in Lyme. He was given a strong antibiotic, and it cured him.
But, his Palsy lasted for quite a while. He was very fortunate in that the disease never returned; but the Bell's Palsy did completely go away. After that, his young son also showed signs of Lyme, but they knew to put him on antibiotics right away.
His doctor told him that if he ever got Lyme again that it would mean that he had been bitten by another tick. This happened at the time when everyone was panicking about Lyme; and some of the doctors we talked to about it wanted him to have an IV put in and have weekly injections. I really believe that you will have the same experience that my son had,since you got treatment early. Good luck! :-) Mabent

The Following User Says Thank You to mabent For This Useful Post:
MelodyO (10-23-2013)
Old 02-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
(female)

Aimey8808 HB User
Re: Bell's Palsy and Lymes Disease-Bells wk 7

Hi... I had Bell's Palsy about 4 years ago from Lyme. I had it for 2 weeks. During those two weeks I had acupuncture done about 2 times a week. Bells palsy is no longer noticeable, but my face doesnt feel 100% normal like it used to (but I would say its about 97% back to normal). I know you wrote this a long time ago, but I hope I helped.

Last edited by Aimey8808; 02-28-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Reply Reply