It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2004, 05:26 PM   #1
(female)

Concerned39 HB User
Unhappy Emotional bipolar

I know that due to my bipolar that I am more emotional to things and feel more deeply about everything.My son was in a car accident- he was not hurt thank God. The thing is I my heart is hurting so bad for him that he had to experience that and that he saved so hard for this car.He put all his love and attention into it and is really upset that it is gone.He was really grateful that no one was hurt and that it was not as bad as it could of been.He was really concerned for everyone but now that the shock has worn off he is really hurting to have lost something that meant a lot to him. I can't make the pain in my heart stop for him and wish I could make it all better and I know I can't.We both agree it is just a thing and that everyone being ok was the most important thing, but I feel his hurt so much that I just feel sick to my stomach. I want to go back and change it for him. How do you deal with the over reaction of emotions to things. I have always been that way and sometimes it wipes me out when I know that it is just everyday living.I keep telling myself that he is fine and I know he is but it is his emotions that I feel for him and it is almost like I take it more deeply than I should.I sometimes hate the over emotions and all that goes with it.Well thanks for listening I feel a little better for being able to share with people who understand the lovely side of emotional bipolar.

Last edited by Concerned39; 09-26-2004 at 05:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2004, 12:03 PM   #2
(female)

Concerned39 HB User
Re: Emotional bipolar

Thank you lagbolt- it was nice to at least have a response and you did make me smile.Thanks for posting and yes for the most that quality is a treasure.Bless you and take care of yourself.

Old 09-28-2004, 04:41 PM   #3
(female)

Concerned39 HB User
Re: Emotional bipolar

It has now been a couple of days since that happened and I have worked through that emotion.It just seems that I over feel what any situation calls for and it can be really draining. But again I am grateful he was fine and that no one else was hurt.So on to the next step of hoping I better handle a situation with my children so that I don't fall apart when they need me to be strong.When my son was first born and had to have his immunizations I would have to stay outside the room and I would cry as much as he would.I couldn't handle knowing that he was going to hurt even when it was only for a second.I am a basket case as a mother when it comes to anything hurting my children even if it is just a needle.How did I make it this far? Lucky my children are healthy and no major childhood accidents except one broken arm, and I didn't think it was really broken until they xrayed it or I would of been in fits lol.Well I guess this is my sounding off on the subject.Does anyone else find that their emotions are super sensitive? It almost feels like my emotions and feelings rest to close to the surface and that I have no cushion against them.Can be good but also can be bad.Well I have rattled enough and I bet you all are sleeping on your key board.I will be quiet now.

Closed Thread