It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2005, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

Jovial206 HB User
Question After the Mania

What happens to a person when his/her manic episode ends? I know there is usually a period of depression or a plateau. Would any of you be willing to share your experiences? Thnx.

Last edited by Jovial206; 02-18-2005 at 09:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

princesspea HB User
Re: After the Mania

Jovial,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're looking for. For me after a mania I crash fast and hard. I become extremely depressed. Loose my sex drive. Sleep a lot but never enough. I'm filled with self hate and paranioa. I have no interest in hygene. I really can't function. This is only when I'm unmedicated and go through a very high mania. Now that I'm on meds and stabilized, I don't have the high high thus no low lows. I'm sorry I can't help more than that.

Love,

Jamie

Last edited by princesspea; 02-19-2005 at 05:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

Jovial206 HB User

princesspea,

That is exactly what I'm looking for. I wanted to know the specifics of "crashing" and depression.

I'm glad you are stabilized. What you described seems like a very difficult thing to go through.

Thnx a bunch.

Old 02-22-2005, 03:05 PM   #4
(female)

Jovial206 HB User

Does anyone else have any insight?

Last edited by Jovial206; 02-22-2005 at 03:05 PM.

Old 02-22-2005, 04:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

My manias would just taper off and I'd be back on a plateau for awhile.
I would have 1 -2 major depressions & 1 way-bad mania a year with plateaus in between each.
I'm betting that everyone's cycle of moods is pretty individual from the sounds of it so far.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:49 PM   #6
(female)

jen1008 HB User

I have pretty rapid cycles, I could have highs that lasted a day or a week. For me they dont always correspond with my lows, but sometimes they do, and when they do is when I crash the hardest, staying in my lows for as long as a month once. I have more depressive moods that manic(although mine are hypomanic, never really experienced an extreme manic state...yet)
~Jen~

Old 04-04-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
(female)

jmm1_em24 HB User

Hi I'm also little new here.. I will be diagonised later this week, as of exactly what it is I have.. I have had lows for about 28 straight days. All this past weekend I can feel myself go into a spiraling down I think is how you spell it.. I only have Highs once or twice a month. The spiraling down for me is a depression mode, where I don't care about anything. Except for my little girl, My mind starts thinking crazy thoughts, I start getting desyix, I started to type the x on the right side of keyboard..
Actually I'm starting to crash with no hope!! til my bf gets upset I didn't do anything ie. apply for jobs, get things taken care of. I feel like I'm falling, and fast I can't even think straight!! I need all the help I can get now, but I know I can straighten up put everything aside and dkeep going. Knowing deep inside I'm crashing.. I got to make a call right now. Thanks, hope this helps some..

Closed Thread