It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
(female)

jen1008 HB User
Angry Sorry guys, but I've got to vent

I don't know where or how the hell it all started, but as soon as I think I've got everything under control, it all falls apart! As some of you may know Im moving to England soon, not by my own choice mind you, I'm being forced. ANd as I'm being forced to go to a foreign country where I will know NOONE, I am expected to do all of the work to get us there. I cant blame my husband as he is the one in the military and works every night and sleeps during the day, he cant really do much, because as some of you know, military office hours are shorter than bank hours, ridiculus if you ask me, but anyway every time I think I'm close to getting something done Im told nope, try again. Plus half of the stuff I need to do I can't do until we recieve hard copies of our orders, which we cannot get, why you ask? BECAUSE IM BIPOLAR!!!!! In order to recieve continuing treatmen overseas I have to be enrolled in the EFMP(exceptional family member program) which sounds great, but now the gaining command ges to decide whether or not they want my husband because of me and the care I will need(meds, counseling, blah, blah, blah)
We are supposed to be leaving on vacation on the 12 to go home to colorado and virginia to see our families that we more than likely will not see for the three years we are overseas, which will be extremely difficult for me being as I call my mom about every day! But because of the crap trying to get our orders this is in jepordy even though we alreay have the tickets. Cant take care of crap unless we are here, why couldn't they have taken care of crap in the 4 months they have known we are coming?!?!?!? No lets put all of this stress on little ol' jen because SHE can handle it, right? WRONG I dont know if Im freaking out here, I've been flying right into a hypomanic state the last couple of days, cant figure anything out, cant keep a single thought in my head long enough TO figure anything out, and I'm starting to think this lack of sleep is starting to get to me, AND NOBODY CARES! Arggg, I feel like I dont know anything anymore, I used to have control on the situation, but now I can't stop rambling or smoking and Im starting to hate myself, WHY CANT I JUST CALM DOWN? Sorry guys, I had to vent

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2005, 02:30 PM   #2
(female)

Munozchick HB User
Re: Sorry guys, but I've got to vent

I totally understand what you're going through. I moved to the Middle East with my husband last year from Mississippi. It took me 2 months before I got over here(he was already here). Now, because of visa issues, I cant get medical care. Hopefully that will be fixed soon though.
Anyway, I understand what you're going through. I am a military brat and have had to deal with it all of my life. I'm sure that everything is going to be fine. They can just be really slow with getting things done sometimes. If it makes you feel any better, England is AWESOME!! I have been there many times and loved it. My cousin is there right now with the AIr Force.

Good luck,
Deanne

Old 02-23-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

princesspea HB User

Jen,

Don't ever apologize for venting here, please. You vent when ever you need too! You're under a lot of stress and who will understand like we do?

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }

Believe it or not I went though this exact same thing when I was first diagnosed. The only difference was our orders were for Alaska (I don't know if it still is but it was concidered an overseas post then). There's good news and bad news. Our gaining base turned us down. They didn't want me there. The bad news is we were sent to Colorado. Going to Colorado wasn't bad but, they didn't tell us we weren't going until 3 days before we were to leave. Hopefully they will be more timely about notifying you.

It's a rediculous practice. We don't have lepercy or something contagious. The fear is based in ignorance.

So...I guess I'm saying there's a chance you might not have to go at all. They probably will move you somewhere in the states though if someone has already been selected to come in for your husbands position.

Keep after base pshyc. department. They are the ones who make a recommendation to the gaining base.

Have you been in the hospital for this? That might make a difference also. I had been hospitalized several times before we finally figured out what was wrong. I also hadn't been medicated yet. They didn't want to start me on meds since I was moving and wouldn't know what the new pdoc would recommend. So that's 2 things that might be in your favor that weren't in mine.

This was probably more confusing than helpful. I hope it helps to know you're not allone on this.

Love,

Jamie

Old 02-23-2005, 03:09 PM   #4
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Jen, I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time. Just wanted to wish you well and I hope it gets easier. Hugs, Lori

Old 02-23-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
(female)

jen1008 HB User

Thanks guys, its nice to know people care. I just get so confused sometimes, I want to go to England, it will be a wonderful experience, plus I already took care of a bunch of stuff in the civilian world, quitting my job and such, I just think it would suck to have to say, sorry guys, just kidding, we're not going. But my biggest fear is that they will send my husband and tell me I can't come. The Army is notorius for this. I fear what kind of crash would result from this. I dont even want to think about it.

Jamie~I have been in treatment and my pshyc is a civilian(they dont accept dependents for pshyc care at the military hospital here in San Antonio) When he wrote my reccomendation for EFMP he said I am stable and fully compliant with my treatment, plus my husband has ADHD and has to see a psych once a month for his meds and evals, why cant they just send me to the same psych, if they can take care of him, they can take care of me, or so I think.

This is why I feel that noone cares or gives a damn about me or the way that I feel and how I AM coping with all of this, but at least I know that I can find support and people who care here. I have been and will be glued to this board until, I dont know I guess until I cant type or go blind from staring at the computer screen for too long.LOL
Love you all for the support I have recieved in the few days you have known I exist.
((((((((((everyone))))))))
~Jen~

Old 02-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #6
(female)

Munozchick HB User

It sounds like you're feeling a little bit better, huh? I always do after everyone on the boards calm me down. Let us know how it works out for you.

Vent ANYTIME! We do

Love,
Deanne

Old 02-24-2005, 08:59 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

princesspea HB User

Hi Jen,

It's funny how military medicine has changed. I was a dependant and was dx'd at Wilford Hall and that's were the pdoc's were that gave me a negitive review. That's where I was first hospitalized. Of course Fort Sam is different from Lackland.

I love San Antonio! That's were my husband was born and raised and he's pretty spiff. We were married there and had our first home there.

YaY forgetting a positive review. I don't know but, I really hope they aren't so stupid to think you could be okay alone back here in the States by yourself. They didn't do that to us but, that was the Air Force. I just can't imagine them not having better sense than that. Sometimes I just have to have faith in people that they'll use a little common sense. I don't see why you couldn't even go to a civilian psych over there. It is a modern, developed, english speaking country after all. Our friend Hedge lives there full time and he's doing okay with bp.

I'm so glad you're here with us. You vent anytime!

Love,

Jamie

Old 02-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #8
(female)

jen1008 HB User

Jaime,
Funny story...My husband is in the army but he's stationed at Lackland, my PCM is at Wilford Hall, but now they dont see dependents, which is fine by me, I love my civilian pshyc.

Everyone,
Thanks for letting me vent I am feeling better today, still completely overwhelmed, but better. I'll keep you guys updated on all this crap, if anything it might make y'all feel better 'cause you dont have to go through it
~Jen

Old 02-25-2005, 02:32 PM   #9
(female)

jen1008 HB User

CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My worst fear came true this morning! They wont take me in England! I CANT GO!! BUt they still want my husband, go figure i dont know how they can put me through this. Wish I had the words to describe how I feel right now, but I have pounding headache that just won't go away, plus I'm to infuriated write, I can't even think straight. Pray that I won't do anything stupid, but I havent felt like this since I dont know when. I have to go to sleep now and maybe when I wake up, everything will be fixed. Bye
~Jen

Old 02-25-2005, 03:28 PM   #10
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Jen, I am soooo sorry. I don't even know what to say. You WILL get through this, ok. Get some rest and then try and figure out what you guys will do. Again, I am so sorry, please keep us posted and let us know you are ok. Love, Lori

Old 02-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

princesspea HB User

Jen,

Tell you husband to apply for a family hardship or what ever they are called. I know when I had a very sick child my x husband was able to get a change of duty because of the illness in the family. I know people who have gotten hardship assignments because of a mother or fathers illness. FIGHT THIS! FIGHT THIS! FIGHT THIS until he's on the plane and even after. This isn't right. You have a major illness!!!!!

Please let us know how you're doing! {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} I know not much help right now but heart felt none the less.

Oh honey, I'm just beside myself. I can't imagine what they're thinking! If you had diabetes they'd take you and what's the difference. I'll stop now because I'm sure I'm just adding fuel to the already flaming fire. Just know that we care.

Love,

Jamie

Old 02-27-2005, 04:39 PM   #12
(female)

jen1008 HB User

I'm still here, well at least physically. Been crying nonstop since Friday. I haven't gotten out of bed until now. I'm not sure whos feeling worse right now, me or my husband, he's beside himself because he can't fix whats wrong with me, and I'm dying inside because its all my fault. Just wanted to let you know I'm still here, and my husband IS trying to fight, but you know the military, they dont give a flying F*** about spouses, they dont care if I run off and kill myself because I cant deal with this. I dont know what I would do for two years if he has to go.
~Jen~
P.S. Dont worry I'm not going to do anything dumb, I'm just so upset.

Old 02-27-2005, 05:56 PM   #13
(female)

Munozchick HB User

I just wanted to check on you. I'm sorry you haven't found anything out yet. I've delt with the military all my life. My husband works on an Army base right now. Thank God, he's civilian.
Things will start to look up. There's nothing you can do but wait to hear something. It's not YOUR fault that the military can't get it together!! Try to relax and use this time to spend with your husband.

Love,
Deanne

Old 02-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

princesspea HB User

Jen,

Honey I just want to send {{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} and tell you thanks for the up date.

I think in your situation anybody would have cried all weekend and stayed in bed...even a "normie". Don't panic yet the Army might come through yet. When I went through alcohol treatment the Army sentone of my x dh's back to the states from Germany. That was 18 years ago but, it still might happen.

Hold on to your husband right now! Quit beating yourself up. You didn't cause this anymore than you would have if you had diabetes or heart disease. You have an illness and major one at that. You can't help the deep seeded ignorance. If you could, you would.

Take care of you. Have your husband give you a real life hug from me.

Love,

Jamie

Last edited by princesspea; 02-28-2005 at 12:21 PM.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:40 PM   #15
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Jen, I am so sorry you are so sad. I hope you can find a way to make your situation better. Hang in there. Love, Lori

Closed Thread