It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2005, 03:03 AM   #1
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Manic episode - what exactly??

Everytime I hear manic episode, I feel like it is an episode like lasting as long as a tv show-lol! How can manic behavior differ from just being an immoral type person? I almost feel like I could use this "label" as an excuse for improper, stupid behavior. Does anyone know where I am coming from? Thanks, Lori

Old 02-26-2005, 03:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Manic episode - what exactly??

I do. The wife is now in a mania. She wakes up at 2am in the morning, laughts a lot, has racing thouths, her voices increase, she listens to music (most of the time we can not even have the radio on in the car), and other items.
The main difference is those items are just not the norm for her. They to tend to spiral out of control and cause her to have an even deeper depression.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2005, 04:20 AM   #3
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

OMG! Do you think that could be me??? I noticed back in Oct/Nov I started with the music and the dancing and now I have it on all the time. I sing and dance like never before. I also get up at 2 or 3 and exercise. But I do go to bed early the majority of the time. I drink a ton of coffee and eat a lot of chocolate, so maybe its the caffeine. I noticed the caffeine fix started around the same time too. I laugh and can't talk too well either, things come out wrong. Wow! This is like my first real comparison. Thank you so much for the insight! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Dh has finally gotten used to the music thing. I always have music television or videos on. Thanks again, Lori

Old 02-26-2005, 04:34 AM   #4
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

But see, mine started when I started on prozac and then when I would go off it, I would get to a very bad place with non stop crying, so couldn't this just be regular depression? This crap is so confusing to me!!!

Old 02-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
(female)

xBrokenxSmilex HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyafter2
But see, mine started when I started on prozac and then when I would go off it, I would get to a very bad place with non stop crying, so couldn't this just be regular depression? This crap is so confusing to me!!!
Thats what happens to me. I take Prozac, and for a while I stopped taking it, thinking it wasn't doing anything and I would go into a severe depression. But the thing is, Prozac is supposed to help with bipolar. I dunno. I just recently got my doasge upped and now it gives me sort of a buzz. I don't like it at all. But I do the smae things you do with the exercising at 3 a.m. and deffinetly the music. But I was like that before I started the medication so I don't know.

Old 02-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #6
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hey Broken, thanks for the input. I used to get up and exercise too, but definitely not so into the singing and dancing thing. And when i go for my walks at nite, half the time I run part of the way just to get the energy out- and I could never run before! Are you on a mood stabilizer too? Just curious-thanks!

Old 02-26-2005, 11:58 AM   #7
(female)

xBrokenxSmilex HB User

No, the only thing i take is Prozac for my depression and Trazadone for sleeping. But the Prozac is supposed to help me with my mood but it doesn't for me so I have to call and ask my doctor about it.

Old 02-26-2005, 03:33 PM   #8
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

I was prescribed depakote at the hospital, quit taking it and my follow up visit at a new dr (same hospital) had no clue and said maybe I have ADD. I have since switched drs and have to wait 6 weeks to see him. my therapist suggested i stay on an anti d so here i wait. thanks for sharing! Lori Btw, good luck!

Old 02-27-2005, 05:25 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

keystone206 HB User

I think I have been a tad bit manic lately. I find myself breaking into song, but I make up my own goofy lyrics to well known songs. One night my husband came to me and said why have you been in here (kitchen) singing these songs all night. I hadn't really realized I had been doing it, at least the whole time I was cooking.
I guess I hadn't noticed the connection until now between my manic times and music, but looking back it is there.

Old 02-27-2005, 05:44 AM   #10
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hi Lynda! I make up songs and shout them in the morning to my 3 yr old and she's always telling me to stop. That is on the days i am not screaming at her-lol! Lori

Old 02-28-2005, 04:29 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

keystone206 HB User

That's too funny! My 6 year old is always yelling at me to stop singing too!

Closed Thread