It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2005, 05:53 AM   #1
(female)

momsbrandi HB User
Antidepressants making things worse

I'm really anxious this morning, so I hope to make sense to you guys. I have been depressed as far back as I can remember. Mid 30's now. Have been on anti d's for 10 yrs. They work a while and than stop. Depression never really goes completely away, I just feel better for a few months after starting new ad. There's a big difference now though. Starting in December, I found that Lexapro (had been taking for about 6 months) stopped working. I bumped up the dosage and depression and anxiety got worse. Went to doc, put me on cymbalta, did nothing for me. Doc put me on zoloft, on it for 21/2 weeks and I was incredibly irritated, depression got worst. Three days ago doc started me on effexor. I have never experienced the highs that I read here, only extreme lows and than like I said earlier, with a new ad I feel a little better for a short time. Long story I know, my point i think is this. Could the ad's be making things worst? Could my high's be irritation and anxiety? Thanks for listening.

Last edited by momsbrandi; 03-02-2005 at 05:55 AM.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:43 PM   #2
(female)

snb82us HB User
Re: Antidepressants making things worse

Could be a really crappy side effect. I know when I went on Effexor XR, they made me very irritable. They magnified all my problems so much, I stopped taking them one night and started taking vicadin until I could go to the doctor and get back on Paxil. Perhaps you are on too low of a dose? I know with a lot of people it takes a while to find something that works. I got lucky and responded well to the first AD I took (after the adjustment period was over). I didn't realize how well Paxil worked for me until I started taking Effexor and noticed how much worse I could be. I would go back to the doctor and ask for something different or maybe a higher dose...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread