It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 07:29 AM   #1
(female)

Jovial206 HB User
"Losing It" and Crashing

It's me again, the poster of the thread, "A Manic Episode?" Let's say someone has been manic for a few months during which his behavior has been erratic. When that person's behavior becomes even more erratic, is that a sign that he will "crash" soon? Please forgive the expression (if it is offensive let me know), but he is what some would describe as "losing it" even more than before.

Old 03-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
(female)

dragon25 HB User
Re: "Losing It" and Crashing

I don't know if that means he will crash soon or not but it sure won't last forever. Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #3
(female)

I_Live HB User

This could be a sign of being Bi-polar...you should go in and have that checked out! Manic episodes can really wreck your social life, credit, mind! Life will run so much smoother if you have it checked out, no more wondering if you'll crash or not!

Old 03-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #4
(female)

Jovial206 HB User

Thanks for your responses. Anyone else?

I_Live, the person I'm talking about is my ex-boyfriend. He is definitely bipolar, but has not received meds or treatment since 2002.

Old 03-08-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User
Question Re: "Losing It" and Crashing

So he's your EX-boyfriend? Hmmm.... Have you ever heard the term "co-dependency"?

Are you just friends with him still? If you know he's sick, and not getting help, then I'm lost....

Why???

Do you still love him??? You think that if he get's well, you will get back together? Maybe... But think about this...

That old saying holds true : You can't help someone who won't help themselves...
And also about ""crashing ": what goes up, must come down....

Good luck

Old 03-08-2005, 09:44 AM   #6
(female)

Kahlia25 HB User
Angry Re: "Losing It" and Crashing

I agree that what goes UP must come DOWN......we do CRASH and then we are depressed. It is the cycle. I wish that I could tell you of some miracle cure but there isn't one. You have to hope this person gets help. Co-Dependency is a term that means you are so busy helping someone else that you forget about helping yourself. I used to be good at that. I learned I am the only person I can help. Good luck.......Kahlia

Old 03-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #7
(female)

Jovial206 HB User

Good questions, polarized. No we're not friends anymore. He wanted to be friends after the breakup. I didn't realize he was manic at the time. I thought he was just being a jerk so I told him I had no interest in a friendship. He was treating me so horribly! We're not getting back together. He got engaged three months after the break up. Long story. It's in my post "A Manic Episode."

I see him about twice a week at church, which is how I can observe that he's losing it. His behavior is getting stranger. He looks at me from a distance and other times he avoids eye contact when we're close up. The other day, he came into the room where I was when he had absolutely no reason to and left a few seconds afterwards.

Kahlia, I'm worried about him, but I'm not trying to take of him by any means. We are barely on a hello/goodbye basis. I do appreciate and agree with what you said about co-dependency though.

Last edited by Jovial206; 03-08-2005 at 01:01 PM. Reason: To respond to posters' comments/questions more thouroughly

Closed Thread