It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

loopyturtle HB User
Med question.

Okay, lets see if I can get this to make sense in 9 minutes . . .

I am curious if anyone else here can physically feel meds working in their heads. I don't really know how to explain it.

When I am off of meds, I have this hollow buzzy feeling in my head, and a sort of background noise, kind of. I didn't really notice it as much until a doctor once prescribed a med that helped it.

Usually, if a med is going to help me, I notice it helping the feeling in my head before it starts helping me moods-wise.

I'm pretty sensitive to foods, and other things, and find some foods mess up my head that way, but then again, sometimes bottled water can do the same thing. I gave up on trying to keep track of that . . .

Does this make any sense, or should I chalk it up to just one of my little and many quirks?

As always,

--Loopy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Re: Med question.

Hey Loopy, not sure about your buzzing. But I feel like when I go on or off a med I feel like I am heady, or clouding or electrical or something going on in there. I have been on and off and on and off so many times I feel like my head will eventually explode from all the build up! Make any sense? I thought not -LOL! I just took an imitrex for my headache and I am so dizzy almost senseless anyhow. Love, Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 09:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

princesspea HB User

Loopy,

I know exactly what you're talking about! No need to explain!

I know you're not in a position to be picky about where you eat. I've been dx'd with an autoimmune disease called Celiac. It means that I can't consume and Gluten containing products. That's wheat, Barley, Rye or Oats. The reason this is important is because I had to go on a very strict diet and since I've been on it I've felt more stable. Strange side effect but true. Since I've been on this diet I read a book on a natural approach to bp and one called dangerous grains...both mention Gluten in tolerance and it's effect on mental illness. I just found it interesting that you find that you feel different depending on what you eat. This might be something for you to look into during your library time.

The other thing with the bottled water is if I drink bottled water with added minerals in it. It makes me feel wierd. I don't know why it just does.

I guess I'm trying to tell you I know what you're talking about. Pay attention to your feelings.

Love,

Jamie

Old 03-09-2005, 03:04 AM   #4
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Sorry Loopy, Guess I was out of the loop on that one! Lori

Old 03-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #5
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Out of the loop . . . ha, ha . . . good one lol

Sorry, everything has been tremendeously funny today . . .

I'm getting kicked out of the library computer lab, so I'll post tomorrow . . .

--Loopy

Old 03-10-2005, 10:24 AM   #6
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Lori,

I think I said on that other post somewhere that I did find I did much better on a gluten-free diet. Not just mood wise, but digestive wise. Someday when I have regular access to a doctor I'll ask them about the celiac thing. The thing is by then I'll probably be able to maintain the proper diet, so that messes up the testing, doesn't it? Doesn't matter yet, anyway .

To further complicate the diet issue, I am a vegetarian. I was raised as one. I've tried to learn to eat a little meat, but don't like the taste, nor texture, not to mention it sometimes just seems gross to me. I can cook it sometimes, and did for my husband. Unfortunately, all the meat substitutes that I learned to eat (and love) are a combination of soy and concentrated wheat gluten. I used to even make my own by starting with wheat flour and extrating the gluten and cooking it.

Gotta go,

--Loopy

Old 03-11-2005, 03:29 AM   #7
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

This might be something I need to try a certain type of diet. My digestive system is so screwed up right now. I am going to dr. today, don't know why, he'll just tell me to drink more water etc. I would be interested to hear more about a gluten-free diet-what thats all about. Hope you can get straightened around soon. Love, Lori

Old 03-11-2005, 03:33 PM   #8
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Sorry Lori and jamie

I meant to address that to Jamie . . .Lol .

Old 03-12-2005, 02:37 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

princesspea HB User

Oh Loopy, Loopy, Loopy,

I missed your gluten free post...Sorry! I know that being dx'd with celiac has been a good thing for me thought I had to learn how to cook all over again.

Yeah, I haven't been able to find TVP anywhere without gluten. There are a lot of things out there that they managed to make using rice, soy, tapioca, potato and bean flours but that doesn't seem to be one of them.

I don't eat red meat because of a dietary problem...was never crazy about it to start with so it's no big loss. I've never eated veal, lamb or rabbit for obvious reasons. (Don't anybody go hincky it's just me I can't) I also don't take horse urine based hormones because of the animal curlity issues. (I'm not judging anyone esles choice here) I couldn't swollow them once I found out...I have to take plant based ones. I do however eat chicken and fish.

I pomised myself that I'd keep this short so...I know many people who are self dx'd for gluten intolerence and I was until I had my test. Yes a gluten free diet messes up the tests but who cares as long as you feel better that's what matter.

I hope all is okay with you. Have you found any county med services yet?
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}} for some reason I thought you could use that right now.

Love,

Jamie

Old 03-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #10
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Thanks Jamie,

I can use your hugs any time

I did get some meds, and I'm starting to climb out of the hole. Not there yet, but the other day I actually felt hopeful. That's a feeling that I haven't felt in a loooong time.

--Loopy

Old 03-13-2005, 06:13 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

princesspea HB User

Loopy,

I'm thrilled to here you're starting to feel hopeful. That means a lot to me. You take care of you!

How's the job hunt coming?

Love,

Jamie

Old 03-14-2005, 03:22 AM   #12
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Loopy, I am SOOO glad you are feeling some better! I am still interested in hearing a little about that diet. Take care! Love, Lori

Old 03-14-2005, 03:02 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

princesspea HB User

Lori,

Which diet? The one I was talking about or Loppy's diet?

Love,

Jamie

Old 03-14-2005, 05:39 PM   #14
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Either or I guess. All I want to eat is candy and saltines and coffee. Probably not the best diet for my condition - LOL! Thanks, Lori

Closed Thread