It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
(male)

maniasterisk HB User
DADGUMMIT what a totally rotten day (and it ain't over, yet)... VENT POST...

Why oh why do so many things have to go all to heck at once ???

I had been holding off of telling my 10 year old about my diagnosis and probability of genetic linkage...

Too much leaned towards a need to get her screened ~ as my therapist has been suggesting (even though med-resistence means little would be gained by any diagnosis)... I won't bore you with infinite detail...

Today, the fecal matter splattered beyond the fan...

I wound-up having the big conversation... She missed school and doors are openning with her health care system (hours of phoning)...

BUT - her unstable mother has thrown kerosene on the fires...

After spending the entire day trying to work with my daughter emotionally (and her rejection of all food throughout), she finally acceeded to riding along to Taco Bell if I'd get her something "to go"... That's 4 miles of country back-road from here...

On our way back - a tailgator nearly hit me TWICE, following less than a car length (with no one behind him) for 3 miles (and two different cars in front of ME made unannounced turns, so when I braked... you get the picture)...

Well, when I made the last turn off the main road, the guy followed me, so I immediately pulled off to the right, and he pulled up and stopped aside me...

OF COURSE, I flew out of the car in full preparedness - yelling every foul thing I could think of about his lineage and driving style... The guy decided to retreat and split BUT two major nasties resulted (besides my being primed for thermo-nuclear war)...

1) My daughter totally freaked out, as she'd never seen me ready to rip someone's guts out before.... and....

2) The guy later pulled into a house about 1/4 mile past mine - and it turns out he's a friend of the teenage group that's been road-racing in this area lately...

Just freaking great !!!

With the mood I'm in, God only knows what could come down if those little Creatons start to mess with my place !!! (As it was, I suspect one of them threw a rock from the street to my roof earlier this AM)...

Put on your war face, Sarge, this could get REAL smelly, real fast !!!!

And I'm generally such a nice guy !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 08:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User
Re: DADGUMMIT what a totally rotten day (and it ain't over, yet)... VENT POST...

Dear MIA, I'm really trying to find the silver lining for a good friend - - -
and i think the silver lining is that the guy didn't have a sledgehammer or an uzi. It's pretty scary nowadays that you can't just have a screamfest and then let bygones be bygones.
I'm really glad that no one was hurt. I read too many true crime books I imagine and can only think that things turned out WELL for you all things considered.
Working on the halo,
Your friend,

Old 03-08-2005, 01:57 AM   #3
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Re: DADGUMMIT what a totally rotten day (and it ain't over, yet)... VENT POST...

OMG! I was just cringing reading your tale. That totally stinks. I hope there is no further "carrying on" with those kids. Take care, Lori

Old 03-08-2005, 02:21 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Hedgehog No 1 HB User

M*,

Bad drivers + kids in car = ( jusifiably ) over protective...

Me too...

Especially when you are given the impression they want to 'further the discussion'...

My biggest 'trigger' is when an idiot does what idiots do, then swear at you, gesture at you (in the universally recognised fashion), then when confronted, run away...

You have my sympathy and understanding.

When I was young and raced my car, I never inflicted myself on the locals, I wouldn't dare, I always took it AWAY from home...different generation I guess...

These days 'old fashioned' words like 'respect' and 'manners' just seem to have evaporated...

Personally, I blame the Martians for all this...well, lets be honest, exactly who can you blame these days without offending sombody...

Take care, Hedge.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:59 AM   #5
(male)

maniasterisk HB User

Thanks for the nice and supportive feedback, everyone !!!

The passage of time has cooled my jets to " mostly harmless ", now...

I just don't care for any further confrontations which MIGHT retrigger the whole kit-n-kaboodle...

We live in a remote area ~ and due to budget "issues" the county sheriffs no longer respond to ANY traffic incidents that lack major people injuries...

As a residential area, the posted speed limit is 25MPH ~ yet the road racing goes on repleat with slam-on-the-breaks high speed turns (reverse car direction nearly instantly)...

Weeks ago, I made an inquiry to the sheriff's (as kids might easilly get run over), and was re-directed to the mighty CHP ~ 45 miles away ~ who acted as if I was the problem for mentioning it. NO officer was or has been sent to the area to check out the situation or even speak with residents to confirm a problem.

It's a sad statement about mismanagement of the Police power, when citizens are forbidden from using "force" to stop unlawful behavior, yet those entrusted to enforce the "laws" can't be bothered...

Of course, if a confrontation were to happen between myself and anyone caring to up the ante ~ then the sheriffs would immediately be here ~ and I'd be sent somewhere under the jail flooring...

I speak from experience here ~ as (yes, Hedge) ~ I too had some "problems" with Law Enforcement a few years back, wherein they refused to take ANY action to enforce a court order OR help get the major-gang-related crack dealers out of my olde (briefly-rental) house in a major city. I got to put my own arse on the line. If ANYTHING went wrong, I'd have been persecuted beyond the Stalags... As it was, that resulted in my carrying a pistol 24-7 for over 6 months... Along with a loaded shotgun... That was a few years ago... It's over, now ~ but some scars never completely heal...

Again ~ thanks for the kind words, and I hope the calming continues ('cause anything else just wouldn't be all that nice)...

The kerosene the wife was throwing included (in front of daughter who was ultra-depressed+ yesterday morning) 1) threats to kill herself, and 2) threats to leave - as in initiate a divorce, etc...

It was, for lack of a better phrase ~ not the best of days...

Old 03-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
(female)

dragon25 HB User

Oh 'M,'

I totally feel for you. I myself can't stand driving. I think I am gonna have a heart attack at the age of 25. I live in a very busy area and most days I feel like everyone is out to get me. I use my middle finger ALOT. And more after a bad day! hahaha!!!

Old 03-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
(male)

maniasterisk HB User

Let that NOT be downplayed !!!

It's been said better, by others, before ~ but without my middle finger, I'd be at a loss way too often - in terms of communicating with "others"...

~

PS - When I lived in Turkey, 25 years ago, the State Department warned against using that, as it's an internationally understood "signal"...

I did manage to hold off for a couple of months !!! OOPS !@!!!

..^.. = new symbol for the universal truth ??? Ain't we creative ???

Last edited by maniasterisk; 03-08-2005 at 04:50 PM.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:51 PM   #8
(female)

dragon25 HB User

My dad said he got a citation for obscenity when he flipped the bird one time!!!

Old 03-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #9
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon25
My dad said he got a citation for obscenity when he flipped the bird one time!!!
Now I've heard everything!

Old 03-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #10
(male)

maniasterisk HB User

Was that an official summons to appear before a court...

OR... a quote or mention ~ as in a formal statement of the achievements of a person (particularly in educational or military matters)...

???????????

Inquiring minds want to know. Those over-medicated might care less.

..^.. ( for those opposed to absolute communication )

PS- In edit ~ Yet more bad timing ~ one of our family pets (of 7 years) died overnight. Zero chance of any foul play. Just more aweful timing. I know I'm on tilt...

Last edited by maniasterisk; 03-09-2005 at 03:52 PM.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:15 AM   #11
(female)

dragon25 HB User

He went to court and had to pay a fine. He said he is more careful now and makes sure there are no cops around when he does it!

Old 03-10-2005, 07:46 AM   #12
(male)

maniasterisk HB User

How sad...

I can see the future though...

As a spin-off of counter-terrorism, they'll probably fund a National Bird Patrol ~ of course wasting more resources than it might take to rebuild the infrastructure of Amtrak and all our national highways...

Gotta have priorities !!!

Today's agenda (so to speak)...

1) Keep helping the rich enrich themselves. Use any and all resources (especially religiously based) so as to obfuscate and confuse...

2) Don't forget agenda item # 1 ...

3) Pretend to be upholding the Constitution as you were so duly sworn to do, while conveniently banning speech you disagree with...

4) Remind yourself of agenda item # 1 ...

5) Hasten further wealth acretion by drilling holes in Social Security you could drive a small planet through, while...

6) Altering bankruptcy laws so that ALL people can continue enriching those who needn't toil to live the high life...

7) Keep an eye on agenda item # 1 ...

~~~~~~ and so forth and so on ~~~~~~~

Today's quote:

i suppose the human race

is doing the best it can

but hells bells thats

only an explanation

its not an excuse

~ DON MARQUIS (quoted exactly as inscripted ~ repleat with spelling)

Last edited by maniasterisk; 03-10-2005 at 08:12 AM.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #13
(female)

dragon25 HB User

Maniasterisk,

You are great!

Old 03-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #14
(male)

maniasterisk HB User

Awe shucks... Ain't nuttin'...

But THANKS !!!! I do certainly appreciate being appreciated !!!

Closed Thread