It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 09:22 AM   #1

Silver Bullet HB User
Unhappy I need help,advice!!!

Im at the end of my rope. ive been on serquol geodon,depakote,lithium,lamictal,risperd al and a few others. This week has been very bad for me in that Ive have major mood swings,crying,aniexty and wanting to kill myself. Yes Ive tried keeping busy and talking to people but ends up going back to the same old feelings. I see my pysc today but am not sure how much longer I can continue to hold on to life. The last time I saw the pysc see didnt want to give me anything for aniexty because I might get addicted. At this point I really dont care. Ive been on buspar and vistaril before but it was a joke. Also have tried temazepam and that didnt help either. On top of all this I am even more stressed because the wife isnt working that much, i miss work because I feel like crap, we are staying at the inlaws until things get better and I have to claim bankruptcy and we will be loosing one car. Where is there hope in that? Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? Some times posting is a little on the slow side is there a chat room that people use?

Old 03-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #2
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Re: I need help,advice!!!

I have been or been close to where you are right now. I am so sorry you don't have anyone to talk to. I have felt that exact way, like I need to talk to someone NOW! Someone who understands what I am going through. I certainly haven't tried near as many meds, but I hope your dr will get you some kind of relief. YOU WILL FEEL BETTER. And when you do, things will not appear so hopeless. Easy for me to say, right? I have felt that way and even said-how can it get better. I don't know but when I don't feel that way (due to meds, I believe or moods or whatever), life takes on a new meaning. Like what am I going to do next. Like let's plan for the future. You have probably felt this way before, right? And then you felt better, right? You WILL get your life back. I am so sorry you are feeling so badly. Maybe you can search for some kind of chat. I don't know of any, but I sure could have used one many times. Hang in there, please - for YOU. You ARE important. Love, Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
(female)

Kahlia25 HB User
Unhappy Re: I need help,advice!!!

I have found that when I am at the end of my rope, I can only do ONE thing at a time. That is hard to do but it works. You have NO control over anything except what you do for you and one of those things is staying as healthy as possible for as long as possible. I have been through the staying with in law thing....NO FUN. I do not know of a chat room but don't keep the stuff in, vent, vent, vent, Even if you have to write it down, let it out. Can you talk to your wife? If so, maybe she can find a different job or work more hours. I am on disability and went through the whole being without money thing too. It stinks. You are definately in my thoughts and I hope you keep writing......Kahlia

Old 03-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User
Talking Re: I need help,advice!!!

Does your doc know how bad your feeling? Are you being honest about the hopelessness? I always think it's funny when doctors are concerned about giving you meds that could help you, cause you might get addicted. It's like, Hey, LOOK at me, I'm at the end of my rope, here, do you think being dependant on something that takes the edge off is really an issue? Like seroquel and some of that other stuff doesnt make you just as dependant. Please. My (new) doctor just figured out that I am bipolar, but primarily depressed. So if you are the same, you have to be carefull with sedatives (seroquel). I have been on it a long time, now that I'm going off, It's tough.(hard to sleep) I know you have tried a lot of stuff, but there are so many, like the new one I'm taking -trileptel. Don't give up. I have been where you are, had my electricity shut off, cars repossesed, and working two jobs, (when my husband was in school, still) I thought it would never get better sometimes....Hang in there!!

Old 03-09-2005, 01:18 PM   #5

Silver Bullet HB User

Thanks for the kind words everyone. My doc just up my lamictal gave me ablilfy,paxil and klonipin to take the edge off. My wifes work will pick up in a few months just gotta hang on until then. She works in tv and when the hockey season went so did her work. Another hard thing is she is out of town alot with her work and I cant get motivated to get out of the house and things just snowball from there.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #6
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hi Silver! Glad to hear you are trying to get things back on the upswing. I feel a little less worried (but just a little). Please stay close and let us know what is happening. Love, Lori

Closed Thread