It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Anyone think they "look" loony?

I notice that since I have settled down on lamictal for the past wk or couple days or so that I don't care really how I look. My hair looks a mess and I just laugh and think that people must just think I am crazy leaving my house thinking my hair looks good. Anyone know what I mean? Maybe I am just getting a little crazier in a mellow style - lol! I just look in the mirror and laugh! LOL!! Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 12:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Anyone think they "look" loony?

heck, i'm not on that and i look loony too. LOL

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

You are a trip Mud! Lol! Love, Lori

Old 03-09-2005, 12:25 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User

I'm like that too. I don't care that my clothes are wrinkled cause I sure as hell ain't gonna iron them. Or even put them away, I just pull 'em out the laundry basket and put them on! I don't care how my house looks I just step around all the crap on the floor.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #5
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Reesie, I am laughing my head off!!! Lori

Old 03-09-2005, 01:41 PM   #6
(female)

dragon25 HB User

Oh man! I am one goofy girl. I have been told I am quite child-like in the way I act and I sure don't care. I watch so many cartoons, like Pokemon, one of my favorites. And I always look like a bum. Once every couple of months I have to dress up a little just to give my boyfriend a little treat and keep him happy!

Old 03-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #7
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hey Dragon- I just don't "get" the whole pokemon thing. Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy is more my speed. We even watch when our daughter is asleep already - lol! Lori

Old 03-09-2005, 02:07 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User

quality = codename kids next door + power puff girls

Old 03-09-2005, 02:27 PM   #9
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

KND, I can do (kind of). Powerpuff still a ??? for me!

Old 03-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #10
(male)

maniasterisk HB User

Uncharacteristically serious response...

I'd seen my brother's eyes light with the rage of hellfire... He'd get so carried away with himself, that reason left the building.

It would start grounded - and then spiral inwards ~ feed on itself and then whirl out of control...

You could see it in his eyes...

I've been told I occassionally go there... Others sense it immediately ~ but the person enraged is beyond sound self observation (much less giving a rat's hindquarters what ANYONE thinks)...

As far as hair ~ it's a standing joke with my "stylist" (fancy barber) that I know it's "time" when I look in the rearview mirror (wonder why my FACE is in it) and realize I'm starting to look like the unwed offspring of Larry from the Three Stooges (paired with Einstein)...

The facial stubble bothers me appearance-wise MORE than it ever did in my past...

It doesn't take much to appear like a derelict insane moronic homeless vagrant at my age... Much less "mental" !!! (Was that redundant ?)

Was that TOO brutely honest (in the BiPolar tradition ???)

I won't even mention clothes. I had little use for them BEFORE Depakote bloated me with 40+ unnecessary pounds (talk about vanity)... Now, I see their purpose to be the obfuscation of absolute gut bulges...

I'm not at my best, yet (does it show ???)...

Last edited by maniasterisk; 03-10-2005 at 09:21 AM.

Old 03-10-2005, 07:06 AM   #11
(female)

dragon25 HB User

Hey Lori! Back to cartoons,

I also like anime (Japanese animation), like Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, and Wolf's Rain. Those are more for adults. They come on late a night. Great for my insomnia!

And Reesie,

Love the Powerpuff Girls! Oh, and nice to have you back from lurking!

Old 03-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

It's nice to be back (kinda) I wasn't lurking I was feelin' good sleeping 12 hours a day and lying on my couch in my seroquel high. I can't believe I spent almost a month away from the site, but I did. I spent the time doing nothing!

Old 03-10-2005, 01:35 PM   #13
(female)

dragon25 HB User

We all need a little vacation from life sometimes! I would love to sit around and do nothing. Maybe only for a week or two though. I am glad your feeling better!

Old 03-11-2005, 03:24 AM   #14
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

I would also love to just lay around and stare and do nothing. I think everyone deserves that once in a while. Especially not obsessing over the computer- lol! Lori

Old 03-11-2005, 09:42 AM   #15
(female)

TLP53 HB User

Yep, I'm on Lamictal. After the ridiculous weight gain, I have let the personal hygene slip a bit. When I look in the mirror I see someone I don't recognize any more. "Who is that fat 50 something woman, it can't be me!" Well, It hit home I'm going to go take a shower, Thanks.
Terry

Closed Thread