It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
(female)

sgarcia21 HB User
Think I am Bipolar...Need Advice...

I think I am biplar. My whole life I have been very moody. Some days I will feel like my life is so so great. I feel on top of the world. Other days I feel like crying for absolutely no reason and am so depressed. On the days I feel good I am so happy, I talk and talk; I think I drive my husband crazy. On bad days I am extremely irritable, very easy to anger, and I hate my life. It is so hard to be so happy one day and feel so bad the next.

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder about a six months ago. I was put on prozac...but I went off because my husband said I was crazy & to take my meds. Then I felt bad again and they put me on Paxil. I really don't think it made me feel any better and I abruptly went off again. I just don't know what I should do. I have thought about suicide but I don't think I would really do it. But sometimes I yell and get really angry with my kids and don't know if I can control myself. But other days I feel great, so great...and I love my kids. I do have two step kids with autism and one has epilepsy. Then I have two kids of my own that are normal. They are all under 5 years old. So I do have a lot to be stressed out about.

But I have been this way my whole life. I can remember feeling this way when I was 9 years old. I have high high ups, and the next day low low lows. My dad and grandfather is the same way...but everyone just thinks their moody. I don't think so...

What should I do. Should I be on meds???? Or am I just fooling myself that I can control it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
(female)

MoonLitWillow HB User
Re: Think I am Bipolar...Need Advice...

If you're Bipolar you can't just control it. You won't be able to just maintain. Bipolar Disorder is a chemical inbalance in the brian. You brain over produces endorphins one day or one minute and under produces them the next. The same with seritonin and dopamine. All thing that make us feel good are either being overproduced or underproduced. The only way to control the mood swings is to be on meds and the have a heathy diet. Prozac is good for the depression and the rage. Paxil isn't very effective. You need to be on a mood stabalizer. Ask you doctor to run the test on you to test for Bipolar disorder so you can be treated for the right illness. Its a simple 100 question yes no and how often test.
And relax. Once your doctor figured out your bipolar and your meds start working things even out.
~MoonLitWillow

Old 03-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #3
(female)

TonyaM HB User

Hi,
Yeah, I think you are extremely bi-polar (but I am not a doc). One day I had enough and I went to the doc to get on meds. He has been treating me for depression and bi-polar disorder...I no longer have crying spells and don't get the major up and down's but I still get them a little and still very depressed so my doc changed my meds and is trying something new--it just takes a long time to get the right combination and choice of meds--hang in there...I didn't tell my doc for a long time that I thought I was depressed so he only treated me for bipolar disorder and I wasn't getting any better...once I told him I thought it wasn't just manic depression and I started getting help with both...speak up and tell your doc exactly what you wrote and he will believe you are bipolar...I didn't speak up because I thought he would think I am stupid or am just imagining things but he listened and if your doc doesn't listen after you tell him what you told us...get a different doc, one that will listen to you and maybe take a different view on things--it took me a long time to find the right doc. Just some advice--good luck!

Tonya

Old 03-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #4
(female)

sgarcia21 HB User

oh my god....Im having the worse night...Is it possible that I have borderline personality disorder. I have been doing some research and I fit a lot of the symptoms too. What is the main differences. My husband thinks I have borderline personality disorder. Im afraid to go back to the doctor. He will think Im just making things up....

Old 03-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User

Hey, don't dispair. Read the first couple of threads on the board, the one about "Some questions" especially. Most of us have wondered at one time or another if we had multiple personality disorder, or something worse. And worried about what a doctor would think or say if we told him how we felt, and worse,we behaved!! Of course you love your kids, EVERYONE yells at their kids sometimes, even normies.
But for us, its usually so out of character, we feel horrible, and wonder what the heck!! If you do have a chemical imbalance, and it sounds like you do, (I'm no doctor) then you can't help the feelings of impatience, irritablity, and even rage that seem to accompany the time right before you flip to one extreme or the other. Be honest with your doctor.... and read, read, read. I have learned so much from this group. You're in the right place!! Hang in there!!

Old 03-11-2005, 06:11 PM   #6
(female)

xBrokenxSmilex HB User

I go though the same thing. I was diagnosed with Depressiona and Anxiety back in November and they put me on Prozac and Trazadone (I have sleeping problems as well). I don't take the Prozac anymore (my doctor doesn't know), because I've always felt that they weren't working. I tried telling my therapst that I think I might be bi polar, and she told me I shouldn't worry about it. I thought she was supposed to help me?

But I was going to talk to my doctor about it, but last time I saw him I was in a hurry because i needed to be back in schoola t a certain time for the pep rally, and so I didn't get to talk to him about it.

I think I have more of a Borderline Personality though, but I might even have somehitng like rapid cycling bipolar or something.

But what I'm trying to say is thaty you should tlak to your doctor about it. I don't know how your doctor is, but I know mine listens and trys to work it out with me (unlike my therapist). I think it's good that your trying to find out whats wrong and that your looking things up. Just talk to your doctor. You'll feel much better knowing whats wrong unlike me, who has to wonder if i has this or that.

Also, you can try calling the Nation Boys and Girls Town Nation Hotline. I know my friend has benifited from calling there many times. If you need need someonme to talk to, you can always call there.

Sorry this is so long, and excuse my spelling errors. I type really fast and I can't help it.

Good Luck!

Samantha

Closed Thread