It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

princess72 HB User
Lamictal???

Has anyone tried Lamictal for bipolar? I think it is fairly new. I just started it a few days ago, and it takes awile to feel the effect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Re: Lamictal???

I have been taking for about 10 days now. I have settled down a bit. Still have some angry spells. Hope we both start feeling better soon! Love, Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
(female)

TLP53 HB User

Hi Guys,
I've been on Lamictal for almost six months. For me it was a blessing. I suffered undiagnosed for so many years that when I finally found Lamictal it was like a miracle. It doesn't sedate me like some of the others I tried (Geodon). BUT! (you know there's always a but! LOL) I'm hoping that Jules1 is reading this because I think (know) I'm going to need additional drugs to compensate for anxious and sometimes depressed feelings. Jules1 mentioned that his/her coctail is Lamictal, Paxil, Xanax. I'm wondering if this combo might work for me. If we don't hear from Jules1 I'll start a new thread.
Take care,
T.

Old 03-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jules1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLP53
Hi Guys,
I've been on Lamictal for almost six months. For me it was a blessing. I suffered undiagnosed for so many years that when I finally found Lamictal it was like a miracle. It doesn't sedate me like some of the others I tried (Geodon). BUT! (you know there's always a but! LOL) I'm hoping that Jules1 is reading this because I think (know) I'm going to need additional drugs to compensate for anxious and sometimes depressed feelings. Jules1 mentioned that his/her coctail is Lamictal, Paxil, Xanax. I'm wondering if this combo might work for me. If we don't hear from Jules1 I'll start a new thread.
Take care,
T.

haha yes, my current medication cocktail consists of 80mg Paxil, Lamictal, and Xanax. Xanax is to help me sleep (and I don't grind my teeth as badly) and also for when I'm having a really anxious or restless day. The Paxil is for OCD and Depression, although it works well for general anxiety, social anxiety, and OCD, its not working so much for the Depression. Thats what I'm hoping the Lamictal will do. I really think I have drug-resistant depression

I hope this mix works for me too!

Old 03-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #5
(female)

paula66 HB User

lol,im on the same combo,cant really tell witch is working the best but who cares altogether they are doin GREAT!I HAVE JUST CAME OUT OF THE DEEPEST PERESSION I HAVE EVER BEEN IN,SO IM GIVING CREDIT TO ALL 3, HOPE THEY WORK FOR YOU ALL

Old 03-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #6
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Just working my way back onto it. It's only been two weeks, and I'm still pretty low on dosage, but I'm starting to feel like me again. It's really the best thing that I've ever taken. The only side-effect that I have is itchy skin. A doctor once told me that the only thing to combat that is an ssri . . .no, thanks! I really start looping on those . . .

How's it working for you so far, Princess?

--Loopy

Old 03-13-2005, 06:27 PM   #7
(female)

TLP53 HB User

Thanks Jules,
I'll let you know what I get from the Doc. I'm so glad you shared with us because I really didn't know what meds we were going to try...I think this might do the trick. Lamictal smoothed out my mood swings but has left me a little racey and anxious.... the depression is so-so. By the way it makes me itchy as well. (small price to pay)
Take care,
T

Old 03-14-2005, 03:21 AM   #8
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

WOW! I am so glad to hear that I am on something that works so well for so many! So everyone is feeling pretty normal, huh?? LOL! Love, Lori

Closed Thread