It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #1
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
how in the world...

can I go from 2 days ago ready to be the ultimate organizer/cleaner-to today wanting to be gone? I haven't felt this way in like a month and I thought I was over this, but here comes the wave.

Old 03-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User
Re: how in the world...

do you mean like you want to leav your life for a simpler one in a far away place where bp isn't a major life complication?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Nope, just gone.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User

That's exactly how it goes. I always know when I start to feel too good, that I better watch out. Because if your mood gets too high, it will eventually come down. Did you say you just changed meds recently? I can't remember.

Keep in mind, it will pass. If you can, call your doctor tomorrow, and see if they have any suggestions. I take an extra anti-depressant when I feel like how you are describing. I don't know if that is good advice or not, I can only tell you what works for me.....

I hope you feel better. Let us know.

heather

Old 03-19-2005, 04:14 AM   #5
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

I am going to have to talk to my pdoc about this. If its pms then I am going to need something to take during this time, between crying spells and feeling like a complete failure, I am screaming louder then ever at my kids. I don't know what to do. Dh won't be home for another couple hours. I will make it, but I just can't do this anymore. I am so friggin irritated I cannot stand it.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #6
(female)

dragon25 HB User

I know excactly how you feel. I was like this about a week ago. I hadn't been depressed for 2 years so I was thinking it was over too. I am feeling like myself again these days. I hope you get to feeling better too.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:01 PM   #7
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Dragon, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. That has got to be so hard to feel this way after 2 years! I am barely coping and its only been a few weeks I guess. I will get over it, I always do. Thanks for your support. Love, Lori

Old 03-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #8
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Lori,

So sorry to hear things aren't good. Is it getting any better?

Many times I can go from one end to the other several times a day. Yet, I'm begining to think that maybe that is better. Recently my swings are spreading out, and I've had to get stuck in the depression end for longer. No matter how long it is, it seems like it will never end. Such is the nature of the black hole for me.

Hang in there.

Loopy

Old 03-24-2005, 02:02 PM   #9
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

LOOPY!!! I am so glad to hear from you! My moods seem to be swinging more often. I guess. Who knows? I am so sick and tired of this. I hope you are surviving ok. You hang in there too!! So happy to hear from you- FOR REAL!! Love, Lori

Old 03-24-2005, 03:16 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

Hey, the wife goes from this to that in hours sometimes. It has slowwwwwed down a lot as of late

Mudhound

Old 03-25-2005, 02:48 AM   #11
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hi Mud! I hope you are feeling some better. My swings have had a lot of tears involved lately, then yelling, then laughing. I have had it with this. I want my old life back. You probably do too. Glad her moods have slowed, but I hope the good ones are lasting longer. Take care! Love, Lori

Old 03-25-2005, 05:15 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

polarized13 HB User

Hi Lori,

I'm sorry your moods haven't leveled out yet. It sound to me like you're rapid-cyling. I have been on meds that have had that effect on me before. It's a maddening feeling because you feel like you have split personalities or something. You don't want to make plans to see someone later the same day, cause you dont know if you will be "out of it" or not. I hope you feel better soon!!

Hang in there, remember, it WILL get better!!

heather

Last edited by polarized13; 03-25-2005 at 05:15 AM. Reason: mis-spelling

Old 03-25-2005, 05:24 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

polarized13 HB User

Hey again,

I just wanted to add one more thing..I read your other post to Loopy, and you mentioned your diet. If you are really having that much chocotate and coffee, and alcohol, that's going to mess with the meds you're on, and make it harder to get back on track. I use all that stuff, too, but in very small amounts especially if I'm swinging like you are. I know you don't want to hear that, but I'm just trying to help....

take care,

heather

Old 03-25-2005, 09:33 AM   #14
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Heather has a good point there. I'm not one to talk, for sure, but something to take into consideration. A good cup of coffee can send me flying, but, of course I have to crash. Then comes the cycles. Sometimes it feels like trying to stand up in the ocean on a rough day with your back to the waves. Never quite know when each one is going to hit, but sure that one is coming soon.

I must like it on some level, or I wouldn't keep screwing things up. More about that in another post.

--Loopy

Old 03-25-2005, 04:58 PM   #15
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Thanks for the advice. Not only am i hooked on reg coffee, but I NEED at least one cappucino per day. I really suck, but what else can I do. The coffee thing started when I went on prozac and I have never looked back. I could eat candy all day long and I would LOVE to have alcohol for dinner every nite, but my dh won't allow it-lol! These are all the things my therapists, drs have told me to limit or avoid. Maybe thats what makes them so desirable. I want to be myself again.

Closed Thread