It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2005, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

Chelsea23 HB User
Wierd side effects anyone else have or....

am i really just a freak o nature. I take Geodon 120 Zoloft 100 and Xanax 3
really bipolar 23 year old girl, just getting the cycles under control, im newly on meds, lets say 4 months now.

So,
Wierd Side Effects=
pin*****s on my skin without any objects feels outta nowhere like ive been *****ed on my skin, and it hurts for a while.
second, when it gets close to med time i get only what i can describe as sparks in my hands and feet when i walk, its like a walking go take your zoloft warning,
third, really vivid intense dreams to where i wake up in a manic cycle thinking all of what just happened is real and it takes literally 30 minutes for me to be ok and calmed down,
thats all the freakiness i care to share for now....
anyone else have these zoloft and geodon side effects?
chelsea

Old 03-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
(male)

maniasterisk HB User
Re: Wierd side effects anyone else have or....

Chelsea (please tell me you didn't used-to reside in the White House, or attend Stanford)...

The key person to discuss the side-effects with is your Pdoc (psychiatrist or prescribing physician)...

Generally, Zoloft can be questionable - as it can send one in the manic direction, and your dreams seem to indicate that... 100mg is a fairly sizeable dosage...

I've done Zoloft and Xanax, but never Geodon (although I once looked at a Geo Prism)...

Someone will hopefully get back to you with specific experience in that area...

Please pardon the cheap attempt at humor, but ...

... WELCOME TO THE NEWLYMED GAME !!!

I've experienced similar nerve sensations as to those you've described. Side effects are a biggie in the world of Bi Polar Medications...

Best of luck to you !!! You've found a place that can connect you with MANY folks who have been down similar roads, before...

Support is available. Someone is usually around, even if it's gappy... sometimes it's downright gabby ~ as we get swept away in our own little parallel universes - but it's all for the good !!!

I hate to sound pompous (like I'm some sort of self-appointed welcome wagon), but you should certainly feel welcome here, and post any and everything that you'd like !!!

Eventually, most postings/threads get openned by someone who will consider at least a thoughtful response...

Enjoy the day !!! Carpe diem !!!

~ M* (maniasterisk)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 09:58 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User

Hi Chelsea,

I haven't had anything to compare with the side effects that you are describing. I have had other side effects with other meds, and no one else here has had them.

Since our bodys and brain chemistrys are all different, I guess there is a wide range of reactions to them. We tend to talk more about our feelings and experiences here. Like Maniasterisk said, we cant really help with the physical part of it. That's what the doctors are for.....

Feel free to join in any time, we will help if we can. I hope you get it figured out. Navigating the maze of medications can be tricky for sure!

Good Luck!

heather

Ps. Watch out, coming to this site can be addictive!!

Last edited by polarized13; 03-20-2005 at 02:10 PM.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

" WELCOME TO THE NEWLYMED GAME !!!"

I love this! What a quote! Good post.

Mudhound

Old 03-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #5
(female)

Chelsea23 HB User

i am going to go back to the doctor to see if i can do geodon but for insomnia try seroquel, friend had one and it worked really well for me. dunno if that is even an option tho, so many meds for life sucks. also xanax doesnt cut it for me, but they are hesitant to prescribe me two like klonopin and xanax together. they let me try it for a month and its better, any thoughts of anyones on ativan tho? or any other fast acting ones. im a rapid RAPID cycler. thanks for the responses. these boards are a nice outlet of people who know what i mean when i say it < area hugs to you all >
chelsea

Old 03-21-2005, 07:47 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User

hey chelsea,

I have taken geodon, xanax, and zoloft together (what are the odds?) I didn't have the nerve sensations you described but I found geodon to cause huge anxiety attacks where I've had some of the most bizarre and paranoid thoughts, the xanax took a little too long to calm me down IMO, that might explain what you feel when you wake up from dreams and can't calm down for a while. Zoloft did crap for me so I stopped taking it. This combination of meds also did nothing for my insomnia. I was recently switched to seroquel from geodon and not only have I stopped cycling like crazy I sleep like there is no tomorrow. Truly my only complain is that I sleep 10 - 12 hours a day. I was also taken off xanax and put on klonopin 3 times a day (I only take it once, I'll take up to 3 a day if get too anxious and feel I need it). So far I've liked it, only thing is I'm not addicted to klonopin. Once I wasn't paying attention to my prescription and was down to my last pill on a weekend and i decided to skip it for the weekend and take it on monday so I'd feel good for work and get my rx filled on monday too. Big mistake. What I went through matches descriptions of withdrawal from heroin. I shook, was nauseous, had one hell of a migraine, and weird electrical shocks from no where. Needless to say it was not fun, but as long as I keep taking it I'm fine. Then again maybe my system was used to too much klonpin (3x a day), maybe if you take one a day withdrawal isn't so pronounced. Hope that helps you!

-Reesie

Old 03-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #7
(female)

dragon25 HB User

Hi and welcome!

I have experienced the pin***** thing. I decribed mine as ant bites. I was told these were hallucinations. Good luck with the meds.

Last edited by dragon25; 03-21-2005 at 02:26 PM.

Closed Thread